Part 22 - Cold Breeze

Start from the beginning

"It's okay Namjoon, I understand your feelings and I respect your decision.", she started to speak but he hushed her,

"Shh. I didn't know how to react back then. You are the first and the only girl who asked me out. I was so new to it. And my mind didn't work properly at that time. I thought to just escape from that situation and I left like that not thinking about your feelings. I am very sorry Soo Ah", he expressed his guilt of leaving her like that.

"It's okay Namjoon", thought it still hurts that he didn't consider her confession, she felt a bit light after hearing his side.

"Don't call me that. Please call me Joon. I don't want us to be like this after all that friendship we have shared. Let us be like friends again", he asked her only to receive a blank expression from her.

"I am afraid I can't be the same Joon. It hurts me more that you didn't even try to consider my feelings", she couldn't take it more. Though he wants them to be normal again, Soo Ah felt bad for her feelings being ignored.

"Soo Ah, I am trying to be considerate. But I need some time", he blurted.

"What?", she didn't understand what he was speaking.

"What I mean is I want some time to imagine us. I need some more to make myself ready to share the same feelings. I will try my best you know, only if you could be a bit patient", he finally spoke his heart out. He wants to say that to her since that day but never had the chance to. He need time to make himself perfect for her was the actual reason. But he chose to convey it in a different sense.

Soo Ah was first flabbergasted at his revelation. All this time, she felt hurt as he never tried to understand her. And she tried to find a lack in herself. She even thought of asking Taehyung what was his brother's ideal type, so that she could change to suit him more.

But listening to his words, her heart felt a bit light from all the thunderstorms she felt since 3 weeks. She was confused, angry and disheartened all these days, blamed herself for falling for the guys who don't love her back. His words didn't just make her calm but also hopeful at the fact that he will be trying.

"Joon", she called him with tears in his eyes. And to her shock, he hugged her tight.

"It was so hard for me to keep distance from you Soo Ah. You were always my great friend. I missed you very badly Soo Ah. Please don't leave me again okay?", he asked with a deeper emotion in her voice.

"I am sorry Joon for pushing everything at once and not thinking about you. And I promise, this will never happen again.", she reciprocated with equal emotion.

"So, you will try to accept me right?", she asked a bit unsure of herself.

"I will try my level best Soo Ah.", he ruffled her hair and she smiled.

"Thanks Joon for giving it a chance"

"I will never turn you down Soo Ah", and he kissed her forehead. A gush of tingling feeling was felt by the girl at his action. Her heart skipped by a beat at that moment. Seeing this side of Namjoon is very much new to her.

"Shall we go to the others now? They will be waiting for us", he asked and she nodded holding his hands.

#####

"Omo, are you both a thing now?", Ara asked as she saw Soo Ah and Namjoon walking hands in hands.

"No, we are just holding hands like friends", Soo Ah defended a flustered Namjoon who was searching for an excuse. They both decided to keep it a secret from the friends until they come to a final decision.