0.44 | I Fathom The Diplomatic Thought Of My Mama

Start from the beginning

Tasher smiled in appreciation and padded to the other side of the room. He looked over his shoulder and his eyes emitted harmful laser rays.

Back to his ardent self.

He searched through his contact list and couldn't find Elizabeth's name in there. And then he opened the gallery icon and regretted seeing pictures of notices, templates, banners, and screenshots. He wondered if this really belonged to Joseph as there was not a single photo of him. Such a work freak, he thought.

He was swiping down and down with tremendous speed then suddenly his thumb stopped as he saw a row of different themed pictures ─ dark pictures.

He clicked on the first one.

He could hardly believe his eyes, after zooming in. It was Elizabeth Warner's selfie, in which she was making a crazy face. The background was dark but an array of white tides clarified that it was a beach. How come he had her selfies on his phone? This was not from any transferred file. It was clicked by his camera only.

Tasher turned a little to be vigilant about Joseph's presence. He calmly took out her phone from his pocket and tapped on 'call' before Pig Muscle's name. He was blown away as Joseph's phone started ringing and showed Ruby calling. "Ruby . . ." he gasped.

As he headed outside of the room, he dialed someone's number on his phone and said, "Hey! I've found her name; it's Ruby. Now, I'm putting you to your honor, tell me everything from soup to nuts."

***

It was time to move along. Ruby was surrounded by John Cena-sized bodyguards, as Mrs Warner feared people would throw stones at her. But hardly anyone spared any attention to the girl wearing boyish kind of clothes. With a yellow oversized sweater and brown trousers. The rattly blue bus with dark windows arrived at the bus stop. Ruby pouted when one of the bulb-skulled men took away her white artificial diamond-studded trolley bag and loaded it on the bus.

Ruby asked slightly pissed off with the idea, "Are these bodyguards also coming with us?"

Mrs Warner said, "Yes. But don't worry they'll come back by the same bus after dropping us at the hotel."

Mrs Warner got on the platform, followed by Ruby. A sigh of pleasure erupted from Mrs Warner's mouth as she occupied her window seat and soon after Ruby descended next to her.

"Do you want to exchange the seats? Kids normally fight to get a picturesque view from here." Mrs Warner rested her bottom with uneasiness and waited to hear her response at the same time.

Ruby replied bitterly, "Not me."

Mrs Warner sensed her unhappy state and hoped everything would get right as she got there. Ruby gathered some information on the types of passengers on the bus; they all looked alike. The bus was full already. And the lights went dimmer.

She closed her eyes and cuddled with herself, imagining who was at the hospital for whom Joseph had to leave early from his work and didn't even come to see them off.

Suddenly the speed of the bus decreased and it halted. Ruby opened her eyes and her head dipped to look out for the train of passengers trudging forward. Her reaction came out loud when she saw the most unlikely people coming closer and closer. No way! She erected her head and faced Mrs Warner with a blank expression. "You called Tasher and his father! But you said earlier that it would be the two of us and no one else."

Mrs. Warner was going to say something when Mr. Garfield, interrupted with a superfluous tone, "Oh, my dear El, looks so ready in her red muffler." She ducked her head to the side as he pinched her cheek. "Make sure you have a wonderful time. Our seats at the last," he signaled and vanished with a small trolley bag.

Tasher smiled at Mrs Warner and didn't look at Ruby. What was wrong with him? Where did he hide all his machoism or debauchery?

"Mrs. Warner, tell me why are you doing this to me?"

"It was his idea to save you from the ruthless expośe that would have only traumatized you more. They are trying to help you out. You should be thankful to them."

"Them?" She hissed and waved a hand in the air after assessing Mrs Warner's questioning glare. "Nada."

Mrs. Warner's phone lit and she opened the inbox. "Look, it's Joseph's message." She articulated merrily, "Have an amazing journey -- and a smiley."

Ruby's mood fell the wayward, and within a few seconds, her phone throbbed in her hand. She received the same message from the same person but it was the red heart emoticon that made a huge difference. So, she smiled sticking her thumb to the lip.

Word count - 1360

Word count - 1360

a/n; what do you think will happen next? Okaaayyyyy byeeeee