Part 1: Control || Ch 1 || Pain

Part 1 - Control

Part 1 - Control

Tou-chan...gomen. I guess I failed afterall. But if I can have one more chance, I will save you this time.
Because this is my ninja way, dattebasa!

It all began with dreams. Momoshiki had been dead for months and a weird emblem had appeared just after his battle. I didn't know anything about its meaning. Hiding it was impossible, Sasuke-san had spotted it right after. He told me to keep quiet about it, and so I did.

I didn't tell him about the dreams. I didn't tell him about the pain. I didn't tell him about how I didn't even know who I was anymore.

And the eye. This blue and black eye.

Tou-chan hadn't believed me when I told him and so I kept quiet.

But it had appeared more often in the past months, and it hurt like hell.

It hurt so much that cutting it with my kunai would have been less painful.

All I wanted was a normal family. So why did it have to be me? Why was I given this power?

Those questions rose in my head as I was drifting into another hopeless and cruel dream. They were always horrible and bloody. I had seen this one before but they loved to appear over and over.

And the pain never became less.

I was standing on the hokage's stone faces. They were all crumbled and destroyed, looking down tou-chan's face was half broken. Konoha was no more. The people were no more. The Hokage was no more. I was alone, there was no more chakra left except in my body. Above all of the chaos, the burning homes, the destroyed village, the deadly quiet, was a giant tree. A tree full of stolen lives. A tree that was swallowing all of the chakra around it.

And the moment I tried to move my body I screamed. I wasn't myself, not quite the Boruto I see in the mirror every day. I was older, kinda looked like Sasuke with these black clothes, and even though a scar crossed my right eye it was wide open and a bluish-black eye gazed upon my surroundings that had changed the moment I had made a step. I could feel something pressing me back, looking closer iron chains were wrapped around my palms, squeezing them, leaving red bruises on my pale skin. My clothes were torn and I could feel the cold wind against my skin. It was burning the scars I had on my stomach. It was like an intruder breaking into my body and spreading its flames to torture me.

All I could hear were curses, that I shouldn't exist, that my power shouldn't exist, and that I had to suffer for it.

It hurt. It hurt like hell dattebasa...

It hurt so much I wanted to close my eyes for eternity. And every time I did that it felt as if everything was starting new, all the pain going back to zero and starting from the beginning. I could feel the moments where I was hurt over and over again. I could feel the moment my eye was cut. I could feel the moment I was stabbed in the heart. I could feel the moment I was thrown against hard rocks, piercing my back. I could feel my lungs crying out for oxygen. I could feel how I was fading over and over again.

And yet I somehow came back. Each time I opened my eyes and I found myself back home.

Back in reality. Back in the past.

I knew that I shouldn't exist, and yet I did. I knew Konoha was gone, and yet I was standing right in a lively town. I knew he was gone, and yet I could hear his voice.

Yeah, that damn idiot. I was always angry with him, I wanted him to spend more time with me. Why was he the Hokage? And yet, when I was hearing his voice tears began falling down my cheeks.

"Boruto! Boruto! Boruto!!!"

Light suddenly spread through the darkness I had been in just now and a familiar shape began to form itself.

A man, blonde hair, blue eyes, stupid face, my dad.

"I'm finally eating breakfast with you guys and you oversleep? C'mon Boruto. I'm doing this for you, dattebayo!"

Tou-chan...

His face, his voice, his scent, it all was hitting me as if thousand knives were cutting my heart in pieces. As if the air was leaving my body. As if my blood was stopping and time itself became still. It hurt. It hurt so much. Why was it so painful? Why were those dreams so real?

I knew the answer but I didn't want to believe it. But the more I was reviving them the more I started to understand.

The more I knew that this would be the future if I didn't do anything.

♪────────────OO────────────♪

Heya, author here.
So Idk whether I will ever finish this story, I have a bad habit of starting something and never finishing but atm I'm super into Naruto/Boruto so I will write something and yeah maybe it will work out.

I don't rly know where I want to go with this story but hey I'll find out haha.