Chapter 40

A/N: Hey, guys! I know it's been 5years, but here we are. A new chapter in the middle of this pandemic. This might be shitty, please bear with me as this is the first time that I wrote again after 5 years. Please read note at the end of the story.

The photo I added includes Ashton cause why not? I can't crop him lol. We all know that he died in Mugshot, but he is still a Wayland.

Luke's POV

Today's the day where Thomas will take Calum and Rhian to New Zealand. We agreed on his offer to take Calum to heal in a different place. His siblings are not in their good shape because of what the Russian mafia did to them. I can't imagine the trauma that they are having right now. Thomas decided that they all stay in New Zealand for a while. Far from England, far from the US.

"Thomas, if you need anything, just give us a call." Michael tells him.

"Thanks, Michael." Thomas nodded. "Maybe just help us get the best security team in New Zealand." He added.

"Sure." I say. "We'll arrange that for you."

"I hope you understand on why I need to take Calum." He looked at us. "He's my brother, you know?"

I just nodded in agreement. I really appreciate what Thomas is trying to do.

"We'll go now." He tells us. "You guys take care."

"Bye, Thomas." We bid.

I watched as Thomas walked into the airport. The door closed, then I turned to Michael.

"Let's head back home." I tell him. "We still need to plan on how to get the kids back."

We hopped in the car, and Michael started driving.

"I wonder when will this all end." Michael broke the silence.

I just sighed. Not having any idea on what to answer, do we even have an answer to that? We just wanted a quiet and peaceful life, away from the mafia world's chaos. But, here we are, still thriving to get out of it.

I can feel that Michael is already tired of this life as well. I remembered when he opened his own gaming/arcade shop back when we first attempted to leave the mafia world. He was so happy, his smile can literally light up a dark room. It's the simple things, the things he love that made him happy back then.

Looking back at what happened the past few months, it's really chaos. A lot has been hurt, a few died, and we are still fucked up. Still, the Russian mafia is a mystery for me. Why the hell are they running after us anyway? I can't really remember doing business with them, or even meeting them at some point in my mafia life. Something is really odd, something doesn't fit this puzzle.

"I am still confused on why the Russian mafia is after us." I say, looking at Michael.

Michael took a quick glance on me before looking back on the road. "Trust me, I am as confused as you are."

After a few minutes of driving, we arrived home and saw everyone at the living room.

"What's happening?" I asked.

Harry walked to me and handed me an envelope. I looked at him, confused. I read what is written on it, JST. It's from the Russian mafia.

I opened the envelope and pulled the paper out. It's a bit crumpled. I looked at everyone before unfolding the letter.

If you wanna settle this, meet us on the same area where all we met last time tonight.

JST.

I looked at everyone before telling them what is written.

"I don't think that this is a good idea." Harry says.