Chapter 2 (present)

A/N: The first chapter is still like a preview of what happened after a few days and weeks. If I am confusing you, just tell me and I'll be happy to explain or revise the words of the chapters. Here is Chapter 2, hope ya'll like it. And media on the side for Dylan Blake Wayland and Skylar Jade McCann/Wayland. Had a hard time finding a photo that will fit Calum as their dad lol. Tell me what you think it as well. Send some comments and vote, yeah? :)

Calum's POV

"Hey, Cal?" A voice popped into my office room and my head shoots up from the papers on my hand to see Michael on the door.

I placed the papers down and motioned for him to come in.

"Yeah, Mikey?"

"Is Dylan asleep already?"

"Yeah." I answer. "That kid was tired."

"So.." Michael trailed as he looks at me. "How are you, Cal?"

"I'm okay, Mikey." I answered. "Just finishing up some paper works for the office."

Michael just kept his eyes on me. Giving me the idea that he means something more on the question he asked me. It's been 4 years since I lost Summer and our baby, it's been 4 years since Michael, Luke and I lost Hero and Ashton. I'd say that I am still not okay, I am still trying to cope up with the fact that we lost our love ones. Still trying to move on and not look back anymore. But it's really hard, I am doing my best, but it is fucking hard.

"I am trying my best to be okay in front of Dylan." I tell Michael. "Doing my best to be a strong figure for him."

"I like that you are doing it for Dylan." He tells me. "But please do it for yourself as well." Michael kinda begged.

"I'm trying, Mikey." I said lowly. "I'm trying."

Michael had been nothing but a supporter to me for the past 4 years, and I am really thankful that he stayed with me on my dark days. He did his best to take care of me when I'm almost dead, I mean, I am alive but good as dead those times. My heart is beating but I'm not moving.

"I'm going to bed." Michael broke the silence. "Night, Cal." He says as he walk out of my office.

***Flashback***

"Are you sure you are ready to take this, Calum?" Dad asked me.

"I need to do something, Dad." I answered. "If I don't, I'll get insane." I added as I ran my fingers through my hair, walking back and forth at Dad's office.

"This is a serious matter, Calum." Dad reminded me. "This is business."

"And you think that I'm not serious?!" I turned to Dad before I realized that my voice rose. "Sorry, Dad." I immediately said

Dad let out a sighed before looking at me. I know he is disappointed at me, or atleast that is what I think.

"Okay." Dad finally said. "You'll start with new restaurant that your Mom is opening soon." He tells me. "Is that okay with you, Calum?"

"I'll take anything, Dad." I answered. "I just need to put my focus on other things."

I sat at the chair in front of Dad's desk, trying not to have a breakdown in front of him. 

"I just want to have something else on my head, Dad." I say. "I'm tired of thinking, of crying and shit." I added before realizing that tears are on my face again.

"I understand, Calum." Dad says. "Now go to sleep, you had a rough day."

I went back in my room and plopped my body on the bed, facing the ceiling. I took a deep breath and tried to get my head straight. I need this, I need to get up and move forward. Summer won't like me being like this, she'd want me to move on and be happy. But that is something that I think won't happen, cause I lost the source of my happiness.