Chapter 37

Luke's POV

"Are you fucking insane?!" I yelled at Jared for his stupid question.

"Maybe?" He teased, and I swear to God I almost shot him.

"We are not playing your games." Harry speaks up. "If you want a fight against us, don't use and include innocent people in here."

"We are ready to fight." Jack added.

"I am asking you morons to choose." Jared says. "Not to be a heroic dipshits."

"Why the hell are you doing this?" Thomas asked.

"I see, not from the mafia society, kiddo?" He looked at Thomas.

"Give me my sister back." Thomas said.

"So, is she the one to be saved by all of you?" Jared asked and we all stopped.

We all looked at each other, well, it's a fight to save everyone. I pulled out my gun and quickly fired it at Jared's direction, but he moves fast and was able to avoid the bullet. It landed on one of his people instead.

Jared turned to me with a glared before pointing his gun at me. Everyone froze at the heat of the moment. Jared shook his head before putting the gun down.

"You people are insane." Jared chuckled.

"Wow, look who the fuck is talking." Cole said back.

"Well, you want a fight?" Jared taunted. "You got it." He said before firing his gun.

At the moment of the gunshot, my eyes automatically closed as I wait for pain to strike my body. But, there's nothing except for my heart racing. I slowly opened my eyes to see another body on the ground. Jared killed one of his men.

"Now, choose." He looked at us.

"N-no." A stuttering voice jumped in. "Don't play his games." It's Calum, trying to stand up on his feet.

Jared turned to Calum and picked him up from the ground. I wanna run and take my brother away from him, but it's not safe to make any move.

"Can you just tell us what the fuck do you want?" Harry spoke up. "So we can all go home and get the fuck over with this shit."

Jared turned his attention back to us before dropping Calum back on the ground.

"I'll give you back your family." Jared says. "On one condition."

"What?" I dared to ask, not really sure if I'd like to hear the answer or what.

"I need you to do something for me." Jared started. "I have a huge deal, and I need you guys to help me on it."

"We've already quit the mafia life, Jared." I tell him.

"Not my problem." He glared. "Do you want your family safe or not? I can kill them right at this moment." He threatened. "I can kill all of you at this instant."

Silence took over before gunshots started. I have no idea where it came from, but I ran and pulled Rhian and Calum with me. Jared and his group started firing at nowhere as well.

I literally pushed Calum inside my car and allowed Rhian to go in next. I rushed at the driver's seat to start the car while chaos is still happening outside. I can see our group firing at Jared's as well.

"Drive them home, Luke!" Harry said on the radio. "Tyler and Thomas will follow too!"

"Got it!" I say before driving away from the scene. "We'll go straight at the hospital."