No Other Choice.

Nina's Pov-

As I stepped outside embracing the warm southern night air that greeted me.

I heard Ian's beautiful laugh and it instantly made me smile. It also made me even more positive in my decision to not tell him about the texts right now. He was so happy and peaceful. I wasn't going to ruin that right now. I was going to let my love enjoy it.
We had time to deal with her crazy shit.
But this moment in time was for him to be happy. For us to be happy.

As I walked closer to everyone Paul locked eyes with me. At first he was smiling and I smiled back at him. But then his expression changed. It changed from happy to one of worry in about 40 seconds. It was like he could tell by looking me in the eyes that something was off.
He went to reach for Ian and I shook my head. I knew if Paul told Ian something was wrong he wouldn't let it go until I told him. And I didn't want to yet.

Paul stopped and raised his eyebrow and I shook my head no again. I nodded my head for him to walk over by the pond with me. He slightly nodded back and then made a gesture, wanting to know if he could bring Pheebs with him. I agreed and made my way over to the water. I made sure to stay out of Ian's eyesight, he had his back turned towards me and hadn't noticed I was outside yet.
I noticed Paul grab Phoebe's hand and looked towards me. He whispered something to her, which I'm assuming he told her not to say anything to Ian, and they started walking towards me.

I hid behind a big tree until the two of them got over to me.

"Neens what's wrong?" Paul immediately asked.
I hesitated in answering him.

"Nina what happened? You were fine after we ate. What happened in the house? Something happened that changed your mood completely." He said and Phoebe agreed with him.

"When I went to use the bathroom I uh... I checked my phone. And umm. I uh. I got these text from Jules. And from Nikki." I said putting my head down.

"So what the hell did Jules said that hurt and pissed you off? And what the fuck is Nikki doing texting you? I thought Ian filed a restraining order so she would leave you alone?" Phoebe asked. She was getting mad already. I knew once she seen the text she'd really be pissed off.

"He did. And she just doesn't care. I don't even know how she got my number." I said honestly. Because I have no idea how she got it.

"And Jules? What did she say? Judging by the hurt look on your face and knowing her stuck-up ass isn't wasn't good. Or something that a so called best friend would say." Paul said. He always said that Jules was stuck up and constantly judging people and looking down on them. I always defended her. But now I realize that I shouldn't have and that he was completely right.

"It definitely wasn't." I answered with my head down. I was genuinely hurt by her. I was trying to shake it off but I couldn't.

"What was it? Do you want me to cuss her out? Because you know I will. No questions asked. I'll put her judgmental ass in her place and hurt her feelings over you." Pheebs said. I laughed a little. Especially because I knew everything she just was 100% true. Phoebe would go off and really make her cry for hurting me. She didn't play that shit.

"No it's ok. I already did. It's just..." I just couldn't find the words to speak. I was so pissed off and hurt but I couldn't find the right words.