Are You Ready For This?

Ian's Pov-

I woke up with Nina curled up next to me with her head buried in my chest and my arms wrapped around her. She looked so peaceful and comfortable.
I wasn't going to wake her up yet.
Her parents and Alex won't be here until around 4. And everybody else wouldn't start getting here until around 3-3:30. It was only 10. So I was going to let her sleep as long as I could.

I carefully got out of the bed and went to use the bathroom. I slipped on a pair of basketball shorts and grabbed a t-shirt. I was gonna wait to get dressed until Nina got up and we showered. I'd let her pick what she was gonna wear first and then I'd coordinate mine.
I went out into the kitchen careful to not shut the door hard so my baby could sleep.
I started coffee and grabbed my phone after making my cup. I decided to check some emails. And see if I had any messages from Mark.

I had a text from him saying "if we don't hear anything from her lawyer in the next 72 hours I can let him know that they have 10 days to sign. And after that I'll be filing a motion for a rush judgement by the mediator." If I wanted him too.
I text him back and told him to go ahead with that. And that I needed to talk to him sometime today.
He replied and said to call whenever I was free.

I decided to click on Nikki's text and read today's 80 I'm sorry messages. Only today was different. She started out with the whole 'I'm sorry' 'I love you' and 'Please come home, we can fix it' texts. After about 35 of those she quickly moved on to her normal self.

She sent messages about Kat coming to the house. About her believing everything she had told her. Then she sent a picture of her and Kat together at the house.
She was bragging about getting her to believe her bullshit lies. Bragging that she could be so manipulative and deceiving to someone she's "so close" to. It blows my mind, really.

There were about 15-20 messages about that. And I really didn't want to read anymore of them. I really didn't care what she had to say. I don't care how many times she says she's sorry. Or how many times she says she loves me. It's done. I'm done. There's no going back at all. I'm happy with Nina. And that's not gonna change.
Plus I just wanted the notification off my phone. It always drives me crazy.

Just as I was about to exit out of them something caught my attention.
She started to get rude and and hateful. Which didn't surprise me. But the text that caught my attention did.

She said "Ian I'm not playing this shit with you. You made your point. You're mad. Now it's time to get over it and bring your ass home. NOW."

Nikki- I'm serious Ian. You've been gone long enough. Cut the shit and bring your ass home. We both know you're not going to go through with this shit. Just stop it now and it won't be that bad when you come home.

Nikki- I hope you know that this isn't going to be easy. I'm not just letting it happen Ian. I'm not letting that whore have you. I played this out for 6 months. Just imagine how hard I can play when I'm pissed off Ian. Don't push me to it. You have til Saturday. And then I'm done being nice.

Nikki- I'm not playing. I'm done being nice to you and your fuckin whore Ian. I'll leak my naked pictures and tell them that it's her. That she sent them to you while we were still together. That you were having an affair.

That one really pissed me off. The fact that she'd go so low to satisfy her selfish ass wants shocked me a little. I made sure I got screenshots of all of it. Just to make sure I had them.
But what she sent next sent me over the edge and made me more angry than I've ever been in my life.