Bombs Away!

Ian's Pov-

"Babe you can shower first. I know you wanna shower alone cause the bayou water. So you can go first and I'll the clothes from today put in the basket and unpack our bag. Ok?" I said as we pulled into my parents estate.

"Thanks babe. And your right, I do wanna shower alone and wash the sand and stuff off of me and out of my hair." She said with a fake laugh. I could tell she was trying to make it sound real. But she was a thousand miles away in her thoughts and I could feel it.

I know we were both dreading checking our phones. We didn't want to deal with it. But we had too and we knew that. We had talked to the group while we were on the boat and told them that we didn't want them to tell us anything. Not until we brought it up after checking. They all understood and agreed. We definitely got lucky with such an understanding and supportive family. And we were both thankful for that.

"You're welcome baby. Besides I kinda want the same thing. To wash this day off alone. And then eat and relax by the fire with you." I said. I smiled over at her and put the truck in park.
I jumped out and went over to open her door and help her out.

"I wanna do the same thing love." She said giving me a little smile and kissing me. The smile was fake but that kiss, that kiss was filled with love. And I could feel it.

We went to the back of the truck and started to get our of things out as the rest of the group got out of the other cars.

"Guys I'm gonna be honest after I shower I'm not getting all dressed up. At all." Candice said.

"I'm not either Candie. Leggings and a tank top. With my hair thrown up. That's all." Nina said smiling up at me.

"And you'll still be completely perfect babe. Besides you ladies don't have to be all dressed up. We're at home, be comfortable." I told them and smiled at Nina.

"Thanks baby. Definitely one of the perks of having so much history with someone. I don't have to be all dolled up around him all the time. I can just be myself and be comfortable." Nina said genuinely smiling. It made me happy that she was starting to relax now that we were home.

"Of course babe. And I feel the same way. I can just be me. And not have to completely change myself. That's a major plus." I said as I grabbed the cooler out of the truck.

"Preach. Now we can have our two best friends back. The real them, the actually happy and not just faking it them. And we all get to be together again." Paul said patting my back before getting the other cooler.

"Candie will you grab this while I get the last cooler, please babe." Joe said while handing Candice his wallet and phone.

"Ok. I think we got everything out of our truck. Did you guys get everything out of yours?" Nina asked as she walked up the first few steps to go into the house. I knew she was ready to get out of those clothes and wet bathing suit, shower and relax. I was too.

"Yeah. We got it all. We're all set." Joe said.

"Ok. Well let's go shower and get changed so we can start Taco and Tequila night." Nina said with a laugh.

"Sounds like a perfect night love. Let's get it started." I said walking up the steps and kissing her cheek.

I was expecting to be treated by our parents as I opened the door but we weren't. And as we walked to the kitchen, where Nina thought as least our moms would be, it was empty too.