Yeah... That Really Happened.

Nina's Pov-

I looked at my phone to see what time it was. I knew I had about 20 minutes before Ian came walking in the door. Which was perfect. Because the food would be done in about 15.

I made sure I had the table set. And got the steak sause and salt and pepper to put on the table. I made our baked potatoes. Making sure to put extra sour cream on both mine and Ian's.
I put the asparagus on our plates and just as I was about to put the steaks on the plates Ian walked in.

"Hey handsome. You're just in time for dinner." I said smiling at him.
I could see the look of surprise on his face. That's exactly what I was going for.

"I thought you were going to lay down? It smells amazing in here baby. Is that asparagus I smell?" He said with a smile on his face.

"It is love." I smiled back at him.

He walked over and wrapped his arms around me from behind and kissed my neck.

I leaned my head back and Ian kissed my cheek and moved down to kiss my neck again. And I closed my eyes enjoying it.
I topped the steaks with the sauteed onions and mushrooms. And we were ready to eat.

"Are you ready to sit down and eat love?" I asked Ian as I reached for our plates.

"I am baby. Let me get these." He said moving my hands and grabbing the plates.
We walked around to the table and Ian told me to wait a second.
I knew he would.
He sat our plates down and stepped over to pull my chair out for me.
He kissed me and sat down.

"Babe this looks so good. And you remembered extra sour cream." He said smiling and putting steak sause on his steak while I poured our wine.

"Thanks babe. And yes I remembered." I smiled at him.

We got our plates together, salt and pepper, steak sause, all of that and started to eat.
Ian was making little noises and I couldn't help but smile and feel good. He always made these little noises while he was eating if the food was good and he liked it.

"So... I don't wanna ruin this amazing dinner you cooked for us but can we talk about what happened?" Ian looked up at me.

"We can. I mean if you want to. It won't ruin our dinner if we don't let it babe." I smiled at him.

"Promise?" He asked and winked at me while taking a bite of his steak.

"I promise babe." I winked back at him.

"Ok. Well I don't know which thing I wanna say first." He chuckled.

"Ian just take a breath and say whatever is on your mind. Because after we're done eating I just want to relax and not talk about it. Or anything really." I said pouring some salad dressing on my salad and taking a bite.
Ian took a breath and looked over at me.

"Ok. First I'm so proud of you." He said and made me look up and his smiling face.
I was kind of confused. And I could tell he could see it.

"I'm so proud of the way you handled that. I'm proud that you stood up for yourself. And that you were so confident in your answers. You didn't back down. And you I could tell that you wholeheartedly believed everything you were saying. You were confident in that. And that made me happy. Because that's what I wanted. Was for you to know that you are the love of my life. And that this is real. And forever. I was so proud of you." He said smiling and looking into my eyes with love and compassion in his. I could see the pride in his eyes. And I loved it.

Finding Us Againजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें