What Are We Doing?

Nina's Pov-

"Baby what's wrong?" Ian asked bending down next to the bed. And I couldn't find the words to answer him.

"Are you ok? Did something happen?" He asked. I could see the worry all over his face.
I just laid there. It was like the words just wouldn't come out of my mouth.

Ian slipped is swimming shorts off and put one of his robes on, the same thing I had done, and climbed onto the bed with me.
He laid behind me, pulling me into his chest.

He was so gentle and patient.
He laid behind me with his face buried in my hair. Just holding me tightly in his arms as I cried.
I knew it was killing him not knowing what was wrong with me. Or why I was crying.

"Baby please talk to me. Please." He begged softly.
And in the midst of my own crap my heart broke a little more, hearing the fear and hurt in his voice.

"Somehow Nikki got my phone number and called and sent a bunch of text. She left a voicemail Ian. She was screaming and calling me a whore. And talking about leaking those pictures." I said barley able to get it all out.

"Baby I'm so sorry. I don't know how she got your number. But we'll fix it. I'll call Mark right now and figure this out. I promise I'm gonna fix this." He said holding me tight.
And I believed him. I believed that he would protect me. But I didn't see how he was going to fix this mess that we were in because of his crazy ass wife.

"How? How are we gonna fix this Ian? She's obviously not gonna let this go." I said still crying.

"I'm not 100% sure Neens. But I promise I will baby. No matter what." He said softly.
I laid there for a minute. Just trying to gather my thoughts so I could respond. But I just couldn't.

"I'm gonna go shower." I said sitting up. I couldn't get anything else out.

"Nina..." Ian said as I walked towards the bathroom.

"I'm fine. I'm just gonna shower. I'll be fine." I turned and cut him off before he could say anything else.
I shut the bathroom door, locking it behind me.

I just wanted to be left alone for a minute. I think it's because I had gotten so used to be alone after we broke up. I never let anyone in the way I left Ian in. And now I guess it's gonna take me a minute to realize I have that back. But I can't right now. I need to gather my thoughts and think, alone, just for now.

I started the shower and took my robe off. As I stood there looking at myself in the mirror, waiting for the water to be just right, I could feel the tears threatening to fall.

She is not going to win. She is not going to tear you guys apart. This is your second chance Nina. You and Ian deserve this. So you will fight through whatever. For the love of your life. You got this.
I thought to myself as I fought the tears back.

As I stepped into the shower and let the hot water run over me I lost it. Not because I was hurt or scared. But because I was pissed off.
I was so damn mad that we were in this crazy situation.

A part of me was hurt. Not for me, but for Ian.
I knew he was hurt. He was put in this horrible situation because of his wife's irrational jealousy.
She broke his heart with this. And that hurt me.