Help Me Figure It Out

Ian's Pov--

I was kinda nervous and also kinda excited about going to see my parents. And about taking Nina with me. I know my mom and dad would be happy to see her. And honestly having her with me would soften the blow for them. Especially my mom. She's always loved Nina. Even before we started dating. My mom always told me, even after the breakup, that Nina was "the one".

She used to tell me before we started dating that she could see the way I looked at her. She could see the love in my eyes. And in Nina's.

I went back upstairs to the bedroom after Nina left and pulled our suitcases out so I could pack up for the trip.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket so I could FaceTime Paul. I had told him I'd call him today. And I needed to anyways. He was my best friend and pretty much my brother. We talked about everything. Me, him and Michael Marlarkey were close as hell. My mom calls us "The Three Stooges".

When I unlocked my phone I see that I had over 250+ texts, 80+ missed calls and 43 voicemails. I was sure pretty much all of them are from Nikki. I had muted her notifications so I wouldn't have to listen to my phone going off. I didn't want to deal with it.

I decided to click on the text. More or less to get the notification off my phone. My phone automatically went to the first unread message. So I just scrolled down and scanned over them. Not really reading each one. I had no interest in what she had to say.

She sent several text apologizing and begging me to call her. She sent over a dozen text say "I'm sorry. Please we can get through this. Just call me please." There were text saying "Please call me. Just come home. We can fix this. We can work this out." Then there was the dozen or so "Ian please. We're married. We took vows. We made promises. We have to fix this. You have to come home." And "You can't just walk away. We're married. We have a life. You can not walk away from me or from this." Then she got rude. And started cussing. Telling me I was acting like a "fucking child" and being a jerk. Then she'd apologize for cursing at me.

It was all ridiculous. I admit I was sad. I was hurt and angry. My marriage was over. Everything I thought I knew and I thought was real and true was a lie. I thought I had a loving wife, a baby on the way, a family of my own. I thought I was going to be a father in 4 months. But it was all a lie.

She ruined everything. She ruined my life and our life together. She ruined me. And Nina was putting me back together. She was who I was supposed to be with all along. And I felt so stupid for not seeing that.

I closed out my text and pulled up Paul's name to FaceTime him. I waited until he picked up.

"Hey brother. How ya doing?" He asked as soon as he picked up.

"I'm good brother. How's vacation? How's Pheebs doing?" I asked.