It's You & Me, I Promise.

Ian's Pov-

"You guys just take your bags out and put your stuff away. Dad and I can put ours away." Mom said once we had everything in the house and in the kitchen.

"Are you sure? We can stay and help you mom. It's not a problem." Nina said. I just smiled at her. I loved the bond her and my mom had. And I loved that it was like nothing had changed. They just jumped right back in to being mother & daughter again.
And it was refreshing. It was never this way Nikki and her. There was always something there. Tension. It was no secret that my mother thought I made a mistake. And that she didn't really like Nikki. Everybody knew it. Including Nikki. But she never really seemed to care. The last year or so she made excuses as to why she couldn't come here with me. And now looking back I see why.
I snapped out of my thoughts when Nina ran her hand down my arm and put her hand in mine. I intertwined our fingers and smiled at her. She smiled back and my heart skipped a beat.

"Nina I'm sure. You guys go ahead. You probably have your clothes to put away too. Plus I have to call your mom, remember?" My mom smiled at her.
I just looked at them both confused. Just like my dad.

"Nina hasn't told her mom what had happened yet. She feels like it's not something you tell over the phone. Just like you did. And Michaela and I were supposed to go on a mom trip in 3 weeks. I'm going to call her and invite her and Konstantin down for the week. And Alex. I'll tell her all the other kids will be here. She'll be so excited. And that'll give you guys a chance to tell her and your dad and brother what's going on." My mom smiled. Her and Michaela were really close. So any chance she got to see her they were definitely taking it.

"I think that's a great idea Mom. It'll be great to see them too. I've missed them. All of them." I said. Not knowing if Nina knew that Alex and I still kept in touch.

"It's ok babe. I know you and Alex talk. He told me. He also said if I was uncomfortable he'd limit the time you talked but he couldn't just stop talking to his brother." She told me smiling. I leaned over and kissed her check.

"I think it's a great idea too love. I haven't seen Konstantin in about 6 months." Pops said.

"Ok babe. Let's go get this stuff put away and put away our clothes and stuff. We'll be back in later guys." I said bending down picking up most of the bags.

"Ian I can carry so stuff too. The bags aren't that heavy ya know." Nina said.

"I know you can. But I can carry more love." I said looking at her. She knew she wasn't going to win this argument. Never has and never will. Not with me.

We got out to the guest and put the groceries away. Nina and I went into the bedroom to put our clothes away. We were making small until my phone rang. I looked down and seen that it was my dad.

"Hey what's up?" I asked as I held the phone to my ear with my shoulder.
"That package arrived. I'm bringing it out now." He said and hung up.

There was a knock on the door and then I heard it open. I told Nina I'd be right back and walked out the room to meet my dad.

We walked out of the house so she wouldn't hear us.

"Here's that. And everything is ready to go. I'll leave around 7:30 to go get everything set up for you. I'll make sure it's exactly how you wanted it." My dad said handing me the 2 boxes.