I'm Not Looking Back

Ian's Pov-

Nina and I sang along to songs on the radio and laughed the whole ride back to my parents house. We were having fun and enjoying each other.
We had the windows down and the radio turned up.
Nina's beautiful brown hair was blowing around and framing her beautiful face. And she was dancing around in her seat to -The Chainsmokers.

We were stopped at some train tracks and the train had just started. I was staring over at the woman I was in love with and noticed the beautiful smile on her face. And the beautiful glow she had to her skin.

She looked so happy. Like genuinely happy in that moment. And all I ever wanted was for that look to stay.
As she danced around in her seat to -Closer she was moving her hands around. The sun or something must have hit her ring just right.
She stopped moving and held her hand up slightly and looked at her ring. The smile on her face grew and her eyes sparkled. As she lightly touched it with her finger.
She looked over at me and caught me staring at her.

"Why are you staring at me like that, weirdo?" She giggled while blushing.

"I'm just watching my love be so carefree and enjoying herself. Do you now like the ring?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"What? Are you crazy, why would you ask that? I love my ring. It's perfect." She said. Smiling down at her ring while playing with it.

"I was just asking. I seen you staring at it and fidgeting with it. I was just wondering babe."

"I wasn't fidgeting with it. I was admiring it baby." She said putting her hand on the back of my head and stroking it. I missed that. She used to do it all the time when we were in the car and in the bed. I loved it.

"I was just checking babe. I would return it and get you another one if you didn't." I told her.

"This ring will never leave my finger Ian. Ever." She said.

"Well eventually I'll want to put another ring on that finger. So it'll have to move babe."

"Well until then this ring doesn't leave this finger. And when that time comes it'll move to another finger. But it'll never leave my hand. That I can promise." She said looking me dead in the eye.

"Good. I don't want it to." I leaned over and kissed her.

A song by Chris Stapleton came on and we started singing.

Nina was looking out the window at the scenery and was just quiet.

"Are you ok baby?" I asked her softly.

"I'm perfect baby. Just thinking." She smiled softly at me.

"About?"

"Everything and nothing." She said softly.

"Oh. Is there anything in particular?"

"No baby. I'm just thinking about how I'm feeling right now." She said.

"Can you tell me?" I asked kind of nervous for some reason.