The little boy blurted out laughing, bringing his knees up to his chin as his pale complexion reddens with the heat of humour. "But you're overweight!" he snorted poking Luke's sunken in the stomach which he imagined was too big.

Luke looked down offended yet agreed. He'd been trying to tell people that for the past week. Finally, someone who actually told the truth. Maybe he's finally found a friend despite how rude his last accusation was.

"I know."

"You know what?"

Instead of a young child's high-pitched voice, this one was deeper. Luke looked up to see a man around his mother's age. His torso covered by a white shirt which was tucked into a pair of grey jeans and a comfy pair of vans accompanied his feet due to the amount of walking he completed each day.

He then adverted his eyes to where the young boy was sitting. Hoping that the younger one would explain not wanting to talk about how he looked by himself. However, he had vanished into thin air.

"Where did he go?" Luke asked confused as the man took the seat the boy originally occupied. The blonde didn't know who the man was yet wanted to talk more to the younger boy who understood him and the way he looked.

"Who, there was no one here?" the man's greying and bushy eyebrows furrowed as he grew concerned for his latest patient. He was considering that the blonde was still lacking food, therefore, seeing things. However, not reading the further diagnosis yet he didn't know if there were other complications despite his eating disorder.

"There was a boy, about ten," Luke got up, wobbling slightly as a few familiar black dots appear in his vision. Quickly the other man shot up steadying the boy concerned for his health already.

"Luke, everyone here is thirteen or above. I think you might be imagining things," he said giving Luke's shoulders a reassuring squeeze seeing how upset he looked. Yet couldn't help but feel more and more concerned.

"But-" Luke went to protest then recalled the man using his name. "How do you know my name?" the blonde asked stepping away from the man scared.

Chuckling slightly yet still filled with concern the man introduced himself, "My name is Alex, and I'll be your counsellor for your stay here." Taking the role he was supposed to when walking over to the blonde but being distracted by his patient talking to the air he inspected Luke up and down.

He knew, from notes, that Luke suffers from anorexia and past bulimia. Therefore shouldn't have been too shocked to see a frail-looking boy. Yet Luke looked skeletal like which worried him.

"Oh," Luke looked down awkwardly realising how pathetic he was being.

"Do you want to come to my office so we can talk?" he asked already turning around and heading to his office.

Not once did the elder turn round to check if the blonde continued to follow. Luke slowly and carefully followed behind, fiddling with his long bones fingers.

Upon reaching a blue painted door with Alex Rouser inscribed onto a bronze plaque Luke question. "You must have a lot of trust in your patients."

Pulling out a key and placing it into the lock, Alex pushed open the door with a slight squeak due to new hinges and asked. "What makes you think that?"

The blonde shuffled in after him instantly scanning the room, his eyes landing specifically on the fish swimming around in a bowl, a small tree planted in the middle. "You didn't turn around once to check if I were following," Luke pointed out.

As the grey-haired man recollected his notes about his new patient as well as some other private stuff he sat on a chair and watched as the small blonde boy stare fascinated at the water creature. His lips curled upwards as Luke moved his finger along the glass. Ideally, you were not supposed to touch it but if it kept Luke happy, so be it.

"It depends on the situation of Luke. I knew you'd follow me as you'd have nothing else to do. Yet there are other situations where I don't think you'd earn my trust."

Turning around Luke walked over to the grey sofa opposite the man who was scanning through vital facts. "Like what?" the blonde asked picking up a glass of water which had been poured out before he had entered. His mouth is parched he raised it to his lips, Alex slightly worried by how violently his hand was shaking. Droplets of water dripping onto his baggy clothes.

"Like eating," Alex stated as he rested his finger on an important line before continuing. "At a weight of 93, which I believe is what you left the hospital at, is incredibly concerning. I need you to consume all three meals given to you if you want any chance of surviving."

Shaking his head a little scared Luke tried to bargain. "None?"

Eyes widening at the drastic answer Alex quickly shot back. "How about we start you off on half of each meal and then when you feel better about eating then we can increase that?"

Gulping the blonde still gave a worrying answer. "None." Even though he'd lost even more weight, the anorexic boy still desired to weigh zero, and with that came eating nothing. He wouldn't smile until he was beautiful, something he was far from.

"Your mother warned me you were stubborn," Alex frowned at how difficult it was going to get this boy to stay alive. He assured her that before he would have a tube stuck down his nose or food shoved down his throat he'd actually get Luke to try and eat and see how it goes. This was not going to plan. "Why don't you get settled into your room and maybe think of a more desirable eating goal and we will proceed to have a session tonight at six after tea?"

Luke shrugged whilst looking down. He really didn't want to eat and would do whatever it took to not consume anything.

Sighing Alex got up and sat next to his latest patient. Although he didn't look at them like that. To him, they were people who need a little help. The forty-two-year-old asked the blonde. "I don't want to force food down your throat, Luke, I would much rather you eat it at your own will. However, I'm worried that if you don't this could be the end and the world doesn't want to lose someone amazing like you."

"I'm not amazing," Luke shot down the compliment instantly. There was nothing the blonde was exceptionally good at, he never stood out from the crowd.

Giving a sad smile Alex squeezed his shoulder. "Neither am I Luke, neither am I. But we have to discover the amazing side of yourself and that takes time, unfortunately. Which is something which is scarce for you at the moment, young man."

Alex handed him a brochure which had informative facts about Luke's specific eating disorders. "Reads this Luke, I'm guessing you're not accepting of the label anorexic you have been given but maybe this will broaden and strengthen your knowledge a little more."

Luke nodded cringing at the title. He desired to get a marker and put a line through the words in block print and with his own handwriting write; How to cope with being overweight.

"Let's walk you up to your room then. I've paired you with someone who I think will be a positive influence. He's been here a while and is sure to leave soon but can help you whilst here."

"Is he honest?" Luke asked stepping outside of the office door and walking at a snail pace beside Alex.

"I'd like to think so, why?"

"Then he can tell me about what I really look like," Luke admitted looking down at his feet which were covered by his protruding belly.

Once again Alex added some key points for his stay here. "Just a few rules Luke. There will be no making yourself sick, you will not be allowed to do psychical exercise if you do not eat I will report you to a higher member of the eating disorder council."

"But I'll get fatter," Luke protested.

"That's better than dying, is it not?"

"No, nothing is better than dying."

Or maybe Luke changed his mind when he set eyes upon his new roommate. Ashton.

-