[ liquor ]

"There's something in this liquor...."

The burning sensation of the liquid traveled down my throat making me hiss. I sighed softly placing the glass back down on the counter.

"Another one?" The bartender behind the counter asked me and I shook my head. That was my 3rd shot since I got here and I didn't want to get too drunk.

My phone vibrated in my back pocket of my pants for what feels like the 100th time in the last hour. It wasn't nobody but y/n.

We got into an argument and I left right in the middle of it. I rode around the city before stopping at this bar.

"Cheer up, hun." The bartender walked away from me and attended someone else. I began to mess with my lighter in my hand debating on if I should just go home and apologize to her or just spend the night in a hotel.

But what the fuck do I have to apologize for? She started the conversation. She was the one accusing me of some shit I ain't even do.

~
"Bro, you bugging." I chuckled softly and pulled my shirt over my head walking out the bedroom that we shared and the stairs to the kitchen.

"How am I bugging, Maurice?"

"So you gonna ignore me now?" She said behind me pushing me slightly.

"Don't put your damn hands on me, yo." I turned around and pushed her gently up against the counter

"Fuck you." Letting out a laugh, I backed away from her. Grabbing my car keys and my jacket that was on the chair, I walked towards the front door.

"I'll be back." I told not turning around.

"You gonna go cheat on me again aren't you?" I heard her say from behind me.

"I'm not cheating." I turned around looking at her. She had her arms crossed over her chest and I could tell she was on the verge of tears.

I felt bad because even though I wasn't cheating, she shouldn't have to feel like I was cheating on her.

"I'll be back later." I said walking out the door to my car.

~

Another shot glass was placed in front of me by the bartender and I looked up at her furrowing my eyebrows.