Part 78 - Failed

Uh, I don't know if you noticed, but no distraction can take her off her prey! I do remember that much!

Think, what amount of control do you have over your hunting dog when they smell something interesting? None! They will run off despite the fence and toys you try to get their attention with.

Luna in this universe is no different!

She shifted to her wolf form, to gain an advantage. I managed to find a winding path, taking different turns and trying to lose her in the trees. Not working. Then I remembered another thing dogs do. They aren't very agile.

I managed to summon my wings, and flew up to the highest branch I could find, landing on it and using magic to hold it together.

This wouldn't work forever. I would run out of magic. I glanced around, seeing only leaves and sticks on the ground.

I had no other ideas.

Flying down and grabbing a thick stick, I threw it in another direction.

Luna just charged at me, jaws open, snarling. I ducked, covering my head in hopes of protecting myself-

.......

Nothing...

It was silent now...

I looked up, seeing Sans had positioned himself in front of me.

"Luna... we don't kill our friends, do we?"

Luna sat, looking up at Sans with pleading eyes.

"No... Go home..."

A huff, then Luna ran off. I was shaking. I looked back down, curling up. I didn't want to go anywhere else. I was fine staying where I was.

I felt myself being picked up, but I was so scared I didn't move. I just whimpered.

"Shhh..." Sans muttered, sitting in the snow. "I'm not moving you..."

I shivered from the cold. Sans unzipped his jacket, wrapping me in it as well. I think he knew I was freezing.

After a few seconds, Sans stood up, walking through the snow with me in his arms.

We reached his house after a slow walk. It was a while but I had no way of telling time anymore.

Sans put me in the shed. But it was also shifted to look like a room connected to the main house via a small hallway. I leaned on the wall, my legs shaking and wanting to give out.

I managed to walk to the bed, laying down and curling up under the blankets to warm up. The skeleton walked over to me, and sighed, rubbing my side.

"I'm sorry kid...... I really am....... you don't deserve that treatment......."

I stayed silent, nodding. I didn't know what I could do to befriend Luna of this universe... I was dreading this one...

That's when the door opened. Luna walked in, in wolf form, fur a mess and blood stains around her jaw.

She lowered her head, her eyes blue this time. She looked up at me.

I nodded at her, "Just... don't... do it again... okay...? Please I... want to get out of here..."

Sans left via teleportation, and Luna shifted to human form.

"Well... if you want to get out of here then... I'm your friend... I mean it... now go get them tiger..." She smiled at me.

I nodded again, the world going white.

Well...

There's only one option left...

Vampiretale...

----☆☆☆☆♡♡♡♡----

Sorry for the long wait...

I've been... stressed out and school was not helping. It's the second week of holidays for me.

Meaning the last week...

But hey, I got a new upgrade to my old drawing tablet! From a Wacom Bamboo screeners tablet...

To a Huion Kamvas Pro 20.

That's some good news for me.

I will definitely be showing some of my digital art when I think I'm at a good enough level.

See you in the next chapter, which shouldn't take too long... I hope...