Part 39 - Questions

I jolted up from the bed, feeling more stressed than before. Cross came to me and tried to calm me down, but I ran out the door, through a portal, and used magic to create a barrier around Raven, lowering him to the ground.

Although, when I saw what was on his jacket, I immediately wanted to puke. Blood, and dust, coated his wings and his black jacket. It was noticeably darker in colour.

I used magic to heal his wings, but ran away after that. Back through the portal, and was instantly hugged by Cross.

"Are you alright? Did he hurt you?" Cross asked, checking me for wounds.

I shook my head, but covered my face, "He... oh god Cross... He was coated in blood and dust... what did he do?"

"... Best you don't know, Milly... Beast is okay, and Raven is downed for a while-"

All Sanses were instantly at the door, having their weapons ready. Blue wasn't though. Neither was Classic.

They both brought me to Cross' room, and Cross had left to the door as well. I tried to see what was going on, but Blue was trying to get me to sit down on the bed, whilst Classic guarded the door.

"Milly, please, just stay calm-"

"What's going on out there Blue?!"

"It's nothing serious, human...! Just stay calm and quiet...! You're safe with all of us here; I promise!"

"That doesn't help my situation!"

"Human, please...! Classic a little help here?"

"Sorry Blue. You're on your own."

"Hmph... Human, please, just settle down... You're safe with us Milly, I promise you!"

I shook my head, trying to run past Blue, but I was held in place. My soul was now blue...

I couldn't move...

I couldn't... move...

Blueberry immediately guided me to lay down on the bed, and he stood guard with Classic. I was shaking in fear. What was going on?!

Meanwhile:

Ink growled, "Raven you are insane! Milly is safer with us! As a group! No one is trying to steal her from you! We are only trying to keep her safe!"

"I tried to as well... but I have learned something... When you want to protect what you love, you must kill for it..." Raven smirked, his wings spreading.

"But your wings were-!"

"Broken? Nah... Milly healed them, and now, I will be taking her back with me... I took care of one, now to take care of the rest..."

"Raven you are not going near her! Go home, think about your actions, and come back as the Raven Milly knew and loved!"

A chuckle left the winged skeleton's throat, his eyes closing. Ink kept his guard up, as did the other Sanses.

"The Raven who couldn't protect her? He's gone now... I on the other hand..." Raven opened his eyes, revealing purple eye lights.

"C A N P R O T E C T H E R W I T H M Y L I F E ..."

Dust and Horror immediately went into blocking positions, Nightmare had his inky form showing through, Dream was prepared to fight if needed...

The entire gang was ready...

Timeskip:

After a bit of a fight, Raven had been sent back to Birdtale, where Ink reset his personality. But not his memories. He would still remember what he had done.

Ink walked upstairs, nodding to Classic.

"Alright Blue, Milly... It's all over..." Classic smiled.

I looked up at him, and still felt the fear from before.

What had happened?

What was over?!

Was my life still in danger?!

Ink walked to me, placing a hand on my side, "Listen, it's best you don't know..."

Okay, something was up.

What did Cross not want me to know? Is Beast okay? What is Ink hiding from me? What happened downstairs?

Those questions... they buzzed in my mind... over and over again...