Part 67 - Flight Practice

A/N: Art above not by me. Chosen bc it is the closest I could find to how my wings would look in this story.

I smiled, "Chara... I have no idea where she is! I don't know at all. Raven come on~!"

"Dove, I'm coming!"

When we left, I was excited as ever. I had no fear of doing this at all.

Weird...

We made it to Sunset Cliff, my mind vaguely recognising the scenery.

"Alright... so, we are going to start off with some basics. But first, you need to get your wings summoned. I have a few tactics that-"

Raven's voice become more muffled after that. I staggered back, holding my head to try and keep myself balanced. When everything came back to the way it should be, AKA not spinning, Raven was next to me, making sure I didn't faint or anything.

"Hey, are you alright? You seemed to clock out for a minute there..." he asked.

I nodded slowly, "Y-yes, I'm okay... don't worry... now, uh... the first tactic?"

"Right."

----☆☆☆☆♡♡♡♡----

Timeskip:

Still nothing.

I growled, "I'm never going go be able to do this!"

Raven seemed to be hiding a smirk, before looking to be in thought.

"Well, we can always try plan d."

"... You... have one of those?"

"Yeah. I used it when Paps had trouble flying, and it worked every time."

"Let's do it."

"You sure? I'm having second thoughts-"

"Raven, tell me what to do!"

"Alright, alright..."

Raven flew up, diving off the edge of the cliff, not pulling up. Instantly, I jumped after him, feeling two more things grow from my back.

He flew up, and I pulled up after him. We landed on the cliff again.

"Hahaha! Knew you could do it!"

Immediately, it clicked. "Raven that was not funny! I thought you were going to get hurt!"

"Still, got your wings to appear didn't it? Let's get to flying."

"Um... Raven...?"

"Yes dove?"

"........ How do we start flight...?"

Raven chuckled, "Goddamn it... okay, so, you spread your wings, right?"

"Got then spread... now what?"

"Move them in a rhythm. There's a rhythm to flight."

As soon as I did that, I felt my feet lift off the ground. I almost freaked out, until Raven grabbed my hands.

"Its okay... I've got you... if you go down, I'm going to catch you... I won't let you go, okay?"

After about 10 minutes, I was able to fly on my own. Raven and I were having a lot of fun, when that... weird feeling happened again, mid flight...

Every sound, the wind, our wings in sync, Raven's voice, it all sounded like it was underwater. Muffled.

All I could hear was my own heartbeat.

I felt myself falling, before it all stopped, and Raven had me in his hold. My wings were gone, and Raven seemed to be more worried than I've ever seen him.

"... I'll ask again... Are you okay?" He asked.

".... I don't know......" I responded.

"This is weird... let's get you to Sci. He should know what to do in these instances."

Raven flew through a portal, to Sci's AU.