Part 16 - Change...

I shuddered, covering my head meekly. I couldn't defend myself! Sans and Paps were both still in front of me... I didn't want them hurt, but... I was still frozen in place... My mind was in a panicked state...

Then... out of nowhere...

"GET THE F*** AWAY FROM HER!!"

Immediately, my mind recognised the voice, and I froze.

"... Ch-Chara...?"

The world faded to black, and Chara walked up to me. Her red eyes shining in sympathy.

"I told you... I'm not here to hurt you... I hate humanity, yes, but... not you... you... you're different... not like the other humans I've met..." Chara circled me, and I shuddered.

"I thought you wanted to kill me... kill my friends-"

"I never wanted that...! I... I mean..." Chara sighed. "I am suffering... you were right... The reason I controlled you... was... I heard that you can make souls... Both monster, and human..."

I jolted back. Souls? I could make souls?

"If that wasn't true, I wouldn't have seen you save Asriel so many times... only for Frisk to Reset over it, and then begin genocide... I was crazy for bloodshed at that point... I never wanted you to get dragged into this... you see...-"

Chara cut herself off, looking up and then back to me. "You need to wake up... when you do, don't freak out when I visit you tomorrow- or later today since it's 1am... in any case, I'll only visit you when you're alone... get some time away from the skeletons... Meet me where this all began... there, you'll find the item of a worthy hand... Later!"

The world went white, and I felt a single pain in my shoulder.

I opened my eyes, glancing around in quick bursts.

"Fell!"

"What?! She was freaking out!"

"Ya didn't need to slap her..."

"What do you know, Raven?!"

"She's my f***ing girlfriend, a**hole..."

I sighed, and sat there, a hand on my forehead, tears streaming from my eyes, and my heart pounding from fear. Was Chara telling the truth this time? She seemed sincere...

But could I trust her?

"H-human...?" Blue uttered, placing a hand on my shoulder.

I jolted, making him recoil in shock. It wasn't the shoulder that the person touched in my nightmare, but any physical contact at this point was terrifying.

"Are... you alright...?" Blue continued, slowly reaching for me.

My vision flashed to a murderous grin, a knife, and that was all it took to send me running out of there. I ran for... about 20 minutes, ignoring the cries for me to go back. For some reason, my legs acted on impulse, and I ran for a long time.

My entire being was burning. Literally. Flames engulfed me, and that's when I heard the same male voice from my nightmare.

"It's time... for you to come home..."

I jolted, the flames crackling and spitting. I couldn't... hold them back... I heard footsteps, and without hesitation, a flame appeared in my hand and I threw it at the figure behind me.

I panted. My legs wanted to give out, but my being was telling me to run... I looked in fear... I only saw those murderous features... I was frozen in trepidation, my legs shaking and desperately trying to make me fall, but I couldn't...

I could only watch the figure come closer...

The flames continued crackling and growing. Soon enough a growl came from my throat. Not like a growl of annoyance, more like...

That...

Why was this happening?! What was going on?! My body burned; the pain was excruciating! But... afterwards, I was much stronger in size and stature... but... I was now...

A black wolf...

Ink's P.O.V:

I decided to follow Milly out, since I knew she wouldn't be that scared of Blue... I went out to see her flames crackling... Soon, the growling happened. I backed up slightly, but continued closer.

Until she was engulfed by the flames, and she was then a black wolf... glowing blue eyes, hard gaze, and growling fiercely at me...

Help...?