Part 34 - Spirits Arise

My P.O.V:

I opened my eyes slowly, still tired but nonetheless awake...

More or less...

Even still, I could smell slight smoke. Instantly aware of smoke meaning fire, I sat up.

And snickered at the sight in front of me.

"Come on, you stupid thing-! UGH!! Seriously- oh god the-!"

Raven was trying to cook. And failing miserably. Slowly getting to my feet, I walked over to him, hugging him from behind. He stiffened, but I laughed a bit.

"Cooking mishap?" I smirked.

I felt myself be lifted. Immediately, I blushed. But I saw Raven smirk.

"You weren't supposed to be up. I was trying to surprise you." He explained.

"Y-you didn't have to..." I smiled.

My memories might've still been locked away from me, to an extent, but I knew Raven cared about me. I got out of his hold, quickly fixing his mistakes in the cooking.

He had the heat up too high...

I smirked at him, "Did you read any instructions or recipes at all?"

He gained a prideful expression, "I didn't need to."

Rolling my eyes, I smiled at his antics, "You are such a dork... even if I don't remember a lot about what you and I used to do together, you are being a dork now..."

Raven chuckled a bit, "How in the world did you guess?"

I ignored that statement. Hopefully, I could save this meal mayhem.

I did. But after eating I felt like something was wrong. Raven seemed to notice.

"Hey, what's up, dove?" He asked.

"... Raven, can I go for a walk on my own? I need to think about something..."

His eyes went black. I shuddered. When did he ever...?

"You are not leaving my sight. I'm going with you." He stood up, but I shook my head.

"No, I need to be alone... Trust me, I will be fine-"

"Last time you were alone, you almost got killed. I am going with you..."

I shook my head again, "Raven, I am going alone and that's that!"

I went to run off, but Raven was in front of me. He gripped my shoulders, not tight enough to hurt me, but tight enough to make me freeze in shock.

"Y O U  A R E  N O T 
L E A V I N G  T H I S  N E S T 
W I T H O U T  M E ..." He growled.

I quickly nodded, a bit scared of him by now. He let me go, his eye lights back.

"Good... You know, I am only looking out for you, Milly. It's for your own good that I do this..." He put his hand on my cheek, and I smiled slightly.

"True... I know you wouldn't hurt me..."

Both of us decided to just stay in the nest. This felt... off...

I could tell Raven was trying to protect me, but... from what I wasn't sure...

I mean, I know Dust tried to kill me and Horror was a jerk to Chara for the first few weeks. And probably will still be a jerk to her.

But seriously, all that's left is for me to regain my memories. And then, it will all be over and we can go back to regular old questions and answers!