Part 42 - Promises

Raven's P.O.V:

Uh... promises, huh?

Well... I can make that promise... and keep it... for her sake...

I just... hope and pray that this will go well...

I opened a portal, and walked through it. A gorgeous field of flowers. Mostly, Gracedia flowers. Flowers of gratitude.

I saw Milly standing further into it, with an Eevee on her shoulder. I walked over, my wings ruffled in nervousness.

"Hey, Milly..."

She turned to me, a fearful expression on her face. Poor thing... she didn't deserve to see what I had done...

"Raven...?" She muttered.

I nodded, "Yeah... I'm so sorry... I remember what I did before and... I regret all of it... I understand if you just want to stay as friends for a while, just until I earn back your trust-"

I cut myself off as she hugged me. Didn't she say for me to keep my distance?

"Raven, you have no idea how scared I was! I thought you were going to kill everyone! The others made me stay away from you! They made it seem like you had already killed someone!"

My eyes turned soft as I looked down at her. Slowly, I wrapped my arms around her, and my wings around us both.

"I-I know you wouldn't kill anyone...! I know you wouldn't!"

"Shhh... It's okay... I know... I know you were scared... I went insane... After what Dust did to you..."

"Wh-what? What did Dust do to me?"

My eye sockets went dark. She didn't remember that now? I kept myself calm.

"Nevermind that, Milly... You will be okay... I'll protect you, from both outsiders and myself, if I have to..."

She seemed to tense a bit, and I realised why.

"I'm still normal... You're safe... I... I promise..."

I felt her relax, and knew that she was okay with this. My soul fluttered at this.

"You hate promises, don't you?" Milly asked randomly.

"Yeah... I do... but... I can promise stuff for your sake..."

It was a silent time after that. I tucked back my wings, and let Milly go. She looked at me with a smile.

"I'm glad you're back, Raven..."

"Good to be back. Now, c'mon... let's go to the others so I can apologise." I held out my hand, and she took it.

I opened a portal, going through. We ended up in the doodle sphere.

I was greeted with all the others glaring at me. I have a lot of work to do.

Ink looked at me with a bit of suspicion. I understood why. I had killed before.

But, I shook my head, "I'm not going to hurt anyone... I'm here to apologise... I regret what I did before, and... I hope you can forgive me at some point."

The glares didn't ease up, and I sighed, teleporting up to my room. I knew I would be glared at, but that just... threw me off.

Should I even stay here at all?

...

Should I just stay in my AU for a while? I mean, I haven't even told Paps that I have a relationship...

Then again, he would most likely just have way too much fun theorizing with Undyne...

So, not the best decision there.

But still...

Is staying away going to keep Milly safe...?

It seems that way... with what I did and all...

I teleported silently to the stairs, seeing her smiling at her friends surrounding her...

I went through a portal, going to Birdtale. This is what was best for her...

My POV:

I was happy everyone cared, but Raven had just left without an explanation. However the glares he had received kind of spoke for him on why he left...

I didn't worry about it though.

Timeskip:

I did when he didn't show up for 3 weeks...

I was beginning to worry. Did he go insane again?

Where was he?

After a while of thinking it over, I tried to not worry about it too much. My soul was beginning to hurt.

I shook my head, summoning my soul. It had begun to become transparent, the usual violet being the outline.

I checked my stats, remembering all of the meanings.

Milly LV 1

HP: 20/20

ATK: 12

DEF: 18

*It isn't easy facing facts, is it?

*Keep going for a while longer.

*You will remember with time.

I looked with sadness. Would I really?

Remembering stuff came with not having whatever magic Chara had put on me.

And in this state, I couldn't remember anything. I had tried to. Playing my games that had nostalgic feelings, but I couldn't get any grip on a single memory.

I wondered how long I would have to deal with this...

My soul cracked, but I didn't flinch. It had happened before.

I had learned to hide it. I didn't know what it means, but I thought it was normal. So I hid it from the others.

But, I have to ask...

Is my soul cracking normal?

Or is it not normal and something to worry over?