Part 43 - Břøķēń...

I stared at the soul in my hands, trembling. Was all this really worth it? No memory, no way to remember.....

. . .

I fell off the bed, onto my knees, tears falling from my eyes. My soul was cracking worse.

I stood up, jumping out the window and running through a portal that was randomly there. I felt the wind blowing through my hair, which came undone in the breeze.

I managed to make my way to an apartment building. I froze, skidding to a stop. This town was abandoned. Not a soul in sight. Why did this place look so... familiar to me....?

My timeline was a mess!

I thought of a sequence of events that should be plausible at least according to the Sanses words...

Lived with my parents, they turned on me, I ran away, got hit by a car, met Reaper, got given a new soul for a second chance at life...

I met more Sanses, but moved to a place near the mountain after I had nowhere else to go. Thank goodness for Dream lending me money. I had spent so much time there with everyone.

I began to slowly walk into the apartment complex, running my hand along the walls. A number came up in my mind.

247...

I saw that number on one of the doors, and on instinct cracked it open. I staggered back at the wave of memories flashing in front of me.

The Sanses were in all of them...

This was where I stayed before the doodle sphere became my home...

That was when I remembered that...

That place...

I raced up multiple stairs, before making it to a door on its own. The sign read:

Roof Exit

.....

I opened it and ran to the edge instinctively. I almost put a foot on the railing, but stopped...

What... was I about to do....?

I stumbled back, shaking my head. The wind was blowing in front of me, almost trying to get me to stop.

Falling to my knees, I brought out my soul. The largest crack was now deeper and longer than before. The soul turned completely grey.

I felt tears fall faster and faster. What did I almost do?!

Ink's P.O.V:

Well, I don't know if I can forgive him. But, it's been 3 days, so.... I'll go find him...

I teleported to Birdtale, seeing Raven sitting on the edge of a bridge. I smiled, walking over.

"Hey Raven."

He jolted, "Ink, what do you want? I'm staying away from Milly to keep her safe..."

"About that... she's seemed lost without you lately. I don't know what's going on in her mind." I sat down next to him.

"... She'll be safer without me..."

"No, she won't be. I'm telling you. Believe me, karma will come to bite you in the pelvis..."

"Mmhm......"

Raven kept staring at the sky, silent. I sighed, beginning to sketch the sky for a bit, until...

"Ink! You there?!"

Cross called my wristband...

Raven's P.O.V:

Ink answered, "What is it?"

"Milly is gone!"

Ink and I both looked at each other at the same time, and begun freaking out.

Searching all AUs, all areas she found comfort in, and we still couldn't find Milly anywhere!

I could feel her pain, but it was as if her soul was gone. I couldn't tell where it was, so I couldn't teleport to it.

That's why I need help! We need help!

Guys, where is she?!

A/N:

I am back to this book!

So uh, hi guys! Been a while, hasn't it?

...

Look, I'm sorry. I just want to thank all of you if you stuck around with this book and were able to put up with the infrequent updates and chapters.

New school, a project I have to finish, and I'm trying to keep myself from going crazy until we get a new place to live.

But yeah, this is the update. It may be infrequent chapters, and they may seem rushed, and if that is the case, I'm sorry in advance.

Again, thank you all who have stuck with me...

I'll see you in the next chapter...

~Milly❤