Chapter 2; Mountain Tour

Me, Axel, Zane, Nevis and Cranky followed the General as he lead us to his room.
When we entered it was small, or it seemed small since the dragons took up half the space. It was dimly lit and the ground was elevated at the end of the room, just about a metre high. The General stepped up on the elevated part as if it were a short stage or something. "Welcome your majesty and her friends. My name is Theaven, I'm the General of this volcano and the highest ranked. That is until you came." The dragon spoke with a gruff voice.
"So, tell me a bit about yourself your Majesty. How did you get your hands on the Monile?" the dragon asked curiously.
"Well, it was really all because of Zane, if it weren't for him I never would've stolen it." I said, trying to give Zane the credit, mostly just to get the awkward attention off myself. "Ah, yes. As offspring of the General it is his duty to be the Queens personal advisor and protector." General Theaven said.
Wait, this is Zane's father? I thought, but then I recalled the conversation I had with Zane when we first met, when he had told me he was the last of his kind and he was adopted and raised by the General.

"Who are the rest of you?" General Theaven asked a bit less friendly. I guessed he wasn't pleased with people besides dragons being in his home.
"This is Cranky, my bird." I started, pointing at the bird who still sat in my hair. I had forgotten he was up there and now I was quite embarrassed that I was introduced to the dragons and they all wished me a long life... While a bird was on my head.
"The human." General Theaven said simply.
"My name is-" Axel started but was cut off by General Theaven's low growl.
"I asked her." he said coldly. He clearly didn't like Axel.
I sighed, "Well, this is Axel, he's my friend, he helped me get here." I said and General Theaven nodded.
"If you wouldn't mind to be shown around before dark, that might help you to get to know the place better." General Theaven said and I nodded. When we had walked in there was probably an hour or two until sunset so we still had time before anyone got tired.
The General turned to Zane now,
"Make yourself useful and show them around" he said coldly and I was a little taken aback by his tone he used when speaking to his own son.
Bur Zane just smirked, "At least I haven't been sitting on my tail for the past three months." Zane said with a tone of confident mischief, in which the General just smirked, seeming to find the insult funny. Zane then flew off my shoulder, hovering in front of me. "Well, let's go" he said, before leading us all out of the room, the door being an open curtain made of scails of some sort.
Zane and the General didn't seem to act as though they were father and son, but my like brothers or close mates.
I found that funny, but I brushed away the thought as I began to marvel the new scenes that appeared before me, as Zane tuored us through the mountain.

"This is the Healing Room, where dragons get treatment for their illnesses, get their wounds or injuries fixed, or dragons lay their eggs." Zane explained as we opened a scailey curtain and entered a quiet room. It was filled with around ten-fifteen dragons only, most were resting and some were speaking to each other. "There is a back room for the Healers." Zane added, before we walked out. The whole mountain seemed to be an enormous path that stretched from one side to the other, and every around ten metres there were openings to rooms on the sides.

Across from the Healing Room we entered an even quieter room. It was so quiet that the sound of the curtain opening made all heads turn to us. It was a large mostly empty room, with a mixture of hay, wool, scales and leaves covering the ground to make it a bit softer. There were around ten adult dragons and a lot of sleeping baby dragons, that slept on or beside their mothers. "This is the Nursery" Zane whispered in a low voice and I nodded to show I had heard him. We quietly exited the room and I couldn't help but smile at the memory of the adorable baby dragons sleeping with their mothers.

After awhile of looking around, we were getting close to the end.
"Well, the next fifteen rooms on each side are the Sleeping Quarters, I'm sure we don't need to look at each of them individually." Zane said tiredly. "Thanks, my feet are starting to hurt." I sighed. Truth be told, they were hurting from awhile ago, but I wasn't going to say that.
We finally reached the end and there was one last curtain in front of us.
"This is the other entry as well as exit, and is also the Prey Grounds." Zane said.
"Whats the Prey Grounds?" I asked.
"Well, where we store and eat our prey of course." he replied before we entered.
It was a large room, that only had three walls, as it was completely opened from the opposite end of the room and the ground was stained with blood.
"Why do you exit and enter from the Prey Grounds?" Axel asked. He had been mostly quiet this whole time and I couldn't blame him. He didn't seem to be a loud person to begin with, but I knew he didn't feel like he belonged here, and he was a bit out of place.

"Well, we don't want the whole room stinking like blood now do we?" Zane said, which made sense. It had a slight smell of old blood in the air but besides that it was well aired. "Wouldn't even this slight smell of blood attract other animals, like sabre tooth tigers?" I asked Zane and he smirked, "that's the whole idea." he said, causing Axel to shift uncomfortably.
I hadn't even thought of using the smell of blood to atract prey before, maybe because all the animals I eat run from the smell of blood.
Zane let out a chuckle as he flew past Axel,
"Donr worry cat boy, your kind are too boney." he said before leaving the room, the rest of us at his tail.

"Last room. There isn't really much to see." Zane said as he had stopped in front of the nearest Sleeping Quarters on the left.
We entered the room, which was dark and filled with dragons, around fifty of them, sleeping half on top of each other like kittens in a litter.
"Wow, there's so many.." I said, but right after I said it I realised I spoke way too loud for the quiet room.
I held by breath, trying to be as quiet as possible so none of the dragons wake up.
When I had finally decided no one had woken up, a red dragon who was inky a couple of metres away, groaned grouchily, before a giant flame came shooting towards us.

April Bluebird/BlueWhiskers1.
Dragon Age 2; The Queens Jewel.
Chapter 2; Mountain Tour
8/Jun/2020.
1243 words.