Chapter 15; The Truth

This chapter is dedicated to my lovely new reader LittleCrescentMoon19 who is also a new Wattpadian.

"Heh, Lian?" Leo started then hesitated.
"She was never my friend. You guys are right about her. She's a disgrace."

I frowned so hard my face hurt. I stepped out from the side of the stall, and stood in front of them. They all paused in surprise, watching to see what I'd do.
"You are the disgraces. For hating me for being who I am. For wanting to be strong, adventurous, for liking weapon's and hunting. If you think I'm going to change to be like you, your mistaken. You are the true disgraces. All four of you." I said, my eyes landing on Leo as I said my last sentence.

I spun on my heal and began to walk away. Leo hesitated before I heard him running after me. I picked up my pase so I too was running. "Lian, wait!" He called, but I ignored him. "Lian-" Leo started before being inturrupted by the chieftains stirn voice. "There you two are! The hunt is starting, enough playing around!" He yelled. I stopped, turned, and followed the cheif to the hunting party. I walked on the right side of the cheif, while Leo walked on the left. I was 100% sure that if I hadn't come in time for the hunt, no one would care. The only reason the cheif came was to get Leo, and since I was with him, he thought he'd call him too.

We walked in awkward silence until we got to the group. I fast walked towards my father, anything to get away from the traitor that stood next to me.

We began walking, our shoes sinking in a layer of snow that was beginning to cover the ground. "Hey Lian. What's up?" My father asked, sensing I wasn't happy.
"Eh..nothing really. I just had no idea that you ever spoke to the chieftain about me." I said softly. I knew saying 'nothing' wouldn't be enough to convince my father I was okay.
He turned his head to look at me, in surprise and curiousity.
"Who told you?" He asked. "Bella." I replied simply. Understanding dawned on my father's face now. "She was making fun of you again wasn't she?" He asked.
I sighed. "Yeah.."

"You have to stand up for yourself. You have to believe in yourself. I won't always be around to protect you. So you need to build your reputation. As a woman it is hard, trust me I know, but if you build a reputation, one that everyone knows they can trust you, but at the same time, not mess with you. It is hard, but I done it. You think I'd be able to protect you from the Chief if I didn't have twenty years of protecting your mother?" My father spoke.
I sighed, "But mother is different, she is like all the other girls, she thinks she's weaker and less intelligent than the men. She thinks they can walk all over her, and has no right to speak." I said sadly. My mother was an amazing woman, but she never got to experience freedom like men have, none of the girls have, they've been brainwashed to believe they're lesser, and that saddens me. Men and women, we aren't so different.

"Well Lian, as strange as it may seem to you, your mother used to be just like you. Just not quite as stubborn or persuasive. But she was treated much worse than you, because she was the first woman anyone had seen that way, she was different, and they didn't like it." My father said, looking in front of him in thought.
"Wait? Mother used to be like me? She used to try and be equal to men? Why did you never tell me? What changed?"
I bursted with questions, and I still had more, but my father began to speak.

"Well, she was an orphan since the age of ten, and before that her parents never spent time with her, they never taught her anything. All the famous people or stories, or simple knowledge that everyone knows, she had to find out by experience, by eavesdropping or by me. So she didn't know women were looked at lesser, until she met me, at the age of 18, when I explained to her that she was different, and special, she didn't know what I meant.
I explained to her how things worked in the village, and that's when she began to fight for women's rights. No one noticed she was different before that. She tried to join the hunting group, she tried to learn to use weapons, but she was stopped. She was punished. She was abused and whipped. But she didn't stop, until she had you. She knew her belief couldn't be spread to you, so she gave in, she acted like the other girls, for you. She didn't want you to go through the same fate as she did. So when you took after her, beleived you were equal to men, she tried to convince you to be like other women, she didn't want you to be punished. But her and I convinced the cheif not to harm you, only because you're young. When you're older, that will be a different story. That's why you need to be strong. You will have bigger enemies than bullies like Bella." My father said. I stared ahead.
I never knew this about my mother. She was like me. I felt so terrible for my mother. She changed for me. I loved my mother and father, but now I loved them more.
My mother was so strong, for her beliefs and for me. And my father not only supported me, his daughter, but a woman he barely knew at the time.
Such an unpopular opinion, that braught him no benefit, and he supported her.
My parents were the only true people in the village. All the others were false.

"Dad, I'm so so-" I began before a man next to me roughly nudged me.
Me and my father looked at him, as he began to whisper angrily.
"Quiet down! Can you see the mammoth?!"

Me and my father looked ahead. A medium sized male mammoth ate the little grass that pocked out of the snow, looking up occasionally for any sign of danger. The hunting group hid behind a thick layer of trees. The mammoth turned his head to glance behind him, and that's when I noticed he was missing his left tusk.
That will make it an easier task...

April Bluebird/BlueWhiskers1
Dragon Age
Chapter 15; The Truth
11/Dec/2019
1189 words.

April Bluebird/BlueWhiskers1Dragon AgeChapter 15; The Truth11/Dec/20191189 words

Hello lovely readers! I can't believe I have 5.05k reads already. This wouldn't be possible if you won't all such supportive and lovely readers! And if you love Dragon Age, I'm sure you love Lian, the main character. So I have recently published an OC book, and I have info on Lian in chapter 2 of the OC book. It'd mean so much to me if you could spread your love and support there. Tell me what you think of my OCs! 💖
~April Bluebird