Chapter 2: The Heart Oak

A.N, Thank you my readers for encouraging me to make Chapter 2! Here's a shout out to some of them!
BeaCurious
YoungBloodC
921Kathy
CasuallyGeneric
Jararocks101
ahlaibluewolf
h2346h
AjaxAth
agrolos
SnowslashChaos
Photo above by KittyCatzy

I woke up to a little bird chirping right out the window. I grabbed the curtains and pulled them closed, covering my face with my pillow.

My pillow was made of thin animal skin, stuffed with bird feathers.

The birds continued their chirpy songs and little chatter. After a minute or so I decided to get up.
I climbed out of bed and opened the curtain. "Quiet down out there!" I yelled sleepily. A crow landed on a tree branch right outside the window.
He puffed up his feathers and ducked his head to try and intimidate me, making those noises they make.

I grabbed my pillow and threw it out the window, the crow dodging it swiftly. The pillow crashed into the trees outside the window, tumbling to the ground, leaves and twigs falling on top of the white pillow. The birds all flew off for a second, but quickly landed back on the branches. The crow made a proud chirping sound, sounding like a 'You missed." Teasing chirp.

I groaned and grabbed my clothes off the side of my bed, and slipped them on, washing my face in a bucket under the bed. I grabbed my bow case filled with arrows and my bow, and my belt full of daggers.

I walked out my room and looked around. My mother wasn't here. She was probably out collecting something for the house- water, fruits, whatever. I made my way outside, squinting my eyes at the sun.
I skipped towards the tree beside my window, but pillow still sitting in a heep of leaves. As I closed distance, the birds began to gawk and chirp angrily. I picked up the pillow and dusted it from the soil and leaves that now left a light stain of brown on the white skin.

I slapped the crow with the pillow and it chirped in surprise and flew off. "You guys never know when to quit." I rolled my eyes, but before I could turn, the crow came swooping down biting at the skin of my pillow, flapping its wings rapidly to pull the pillow from my grasp.

"Hey!" I yelped. Either the birds were mad at me, or this pillow was stuffed with their cousins feathers, because they really wanted it.
With surprising amount of effort, I pulled the pillow from the crows beak. But even more surprisingly, the bird still held onto a piece of white skin from the pillow.

"Ugh!" I groaned dramatically as I saw the feathers spill out from a tear in the pillow. I huffed like a child and opened the curtains to my room from the outside. I threw my pillow onto my bedroom floor.
Closing the curtains, I walked into the village center. The center of the village had a big well and lots of marketing shops.

I shoved my way through the crowd of villagers, bumping my arm while doing so. I yelped in pain as I looked down at my saw arm that I had forgotten about. That'll probably need to be checked before my parents freak out, I thought.