Chapter 19: The Fight_Part 2

Photo above by ___Shhhh
This chapter is dedicated to CamilleHoldaway, my patient reader. :)

I bit on my lip nervously as I watched. I could here from way up in the tree, Axel groaning in pain. His left arm was useless to him at the moment, so he decided to use his right. He swung a powerful hook into the side of the sabres jaws, making its head swing side ways, knocking it off Axel's arm. The sabre went stumbling side ways onto the snow. The sabre lay unmoving on the snow and Axel stood up now. Some of the sabres roared in victory, including Axel. I decided now was a good time to come out from the tree. So I slid down the tree from branch to branch, until I finally landed on the soft snow. Each step I took made me sink deeper into the snow, until I was shin deep. That was until I got into the clearing. All the snow there was squashed and melted from the fighting. That was abiut ankle deep and a lot easier to walk through. It was obviously snowing heavily in the forest recently. I made my way towards Axel, the sabres I walked passed noticing me but staying silent. They knew I was a friend of Axel. "Good win." I said as I was only two metres away from Axel now.

Axel turned to me in surprise, then relaxed as he recognised me. "Lian, what are you doing here?" Axel asked, even though his tone said he was glad to see me.
"I was just dropping off some meat when I decided to stop a watch the show." I said was a smile, the I pointed to the two mammoth legs I was holding with my head. Axel looked at the two legs then grinned. "You think two legs will feed us?" he said jokingly. I snorted a laugh before I spoke. "Trust me, it was hard enough to convince my village to let me take so much." I said and Axel smiled now.
"Thanks Lian." he said, seriously now.
"How are you doing anyways? I saw you fight that mammoth."
I shrugged. "I'm in good health." I said. "Why? Have you been worrying about me?" I asked with a grin. It was Axel's turn to shrug now. "Well, a little. You look very delicate in comparison to that mammoth you fought." he said. I chuckled before shaking my head. "I guess I can't blame you, but trust me, my little arms are stronger than they look." I said and Axel grinned at me. "I'd ask you to fight me, but my arm isn't in great condition right now." he said, looking down at his arm that was slowly bleeding from multiple cuts on his arm.

I looked at him in concern.
"I thought you were all like friends." I said as I remembered the sabre biting Axel's arm, the blood dripping onto the snow.
"Oh we are, we just fight like that on cold days to get our blood moving. It warms us up and is pretty good entertainment. Blitz just gave me some cuts, he could've snapped my arm if he was really trying to hurt me." Axel said. I guessed Blitz was the sabre Axel was fighting earlier. I turned around and looked at Blitz who still lay on the ground. "Is he..?" I started as I looked at the large cat who had been lying still for the past five minutes. "No, he's just being dramatic." Axel huffed. I looked at him with a raised eyebrow. "How do you know?" I asked. Axel was looking at Blitz with a look of annoyance. "Because that's just what Blitz does. He makes everything a big deal." Axel said and I frowned at him in confusion.
"How do you know he's not just regaining his strength?" I asked. Axel looked at me for a few seconds. "Nope, he's definitely exaggerating." Axel said, then looked at Blitz. "We know you're fine Blitz. Oi Blitz!" Axel called over to the silent sabre. After a couple of seconds the sabre opened an eye and looked up at the Axel, who sad rolling his eyes. Blitz stood up now, walking back to the other sabres with his head sagging low in defeat.
"Told you." Axel said, then I opened my mouth to speak but Axel spoke again.
"He's exaggerating again." I closed my mouth because I was just about to make a comment about how sat Blitz looked.

I few minutes later, as I was untying the mammoth legs, I decided to ask the question that had been on my mind for the past few minutes. "So, how did Blitz know what you were saying, when you were talking English." I asked and Axel shrugged. "They pick up on names because they're mentioned often, and maybe some other often used words, but they mostly know from my tone." Axel said, then began rubbing his hands together in anticipation. "Okay, now let's eat."

🐲

Me and Axel were sitting beside each other on a fallen over tree trunk. The sabres were feasting on the mammoth legs, while Axel had taken a large piece of the raw meat and joined be on the log, just a couple of metres away from the other sabres.
"Here." Axel said, passing me the peice of meat. "No no, I saved some for myself back in the village." I said. "You can have some from this too though, after all, you caught it." Axel insisted, But I shook my head, "thanks."
"I'll even cook it for you." Axel said but again, I shook my head. "That's okay Axel, I'm not hungry." I said, and Axel shrugged in defeat. "Suit yourself." he said, taking a bite out of the raw meat, causing my stomach to turn in disgust. Now that he opened his mouth to eat, I noticed for the first time that his teeth were actually quite sharp, but not sabre or vampire sharp, just sharp enough for him to bite into the raw meat with little struggle.
"How does that not make you sick?" I said, trying not to sound disgusted, but failing quite miserably.
Axel just shrugged, as his mouth was full. I appreciated the fact that he waited until he finished chewing before he answered, that was manners no man or most women had had in front of me. After Axel swallowed, he replied a bit unsure, "My stomach adapted I guess."
I shrugged, unsure if that was even possible. But there were many mysteries of the world that we may not yet understand, of ever. A cold gust of wind blew through my hair, carrying snow flakes with it. I shivered in the cold breeze and rubbed my hands on my arms to warm them up.
Axel looked at me for a few seconds, before taking off his own jacket, which was dark brown and furry, probably made of mammoth skin. The end of the hood was covered in much longer almost hair-like fur. Axel wore a thick black leather top underneath, with two shoulderpads that appeared to be made out of stone.
"Here." Axel said, passing the jacket to me, but I quickly put up my hands in refusal.
"No no no, you keep it I'm fine, it's only a bit chilly." I said, which obviously wasn't true since it was snowing.
"No, just keep it, I actually have some meat on my bones to protect me from the cold, you will freeze if you don't wear something." Axel insisted. I raised an eyebrow at him and he shrugged.
"It's true, your leg is the size of my arm. Here, keep it. " he said, trying to say how little meat I had on my bones. What he was saying was in fact true, his arm was the size, or possibly bigger than my leg. I shook my head and chuckled, "Thanks," I said with a smile, taking the jacket and slipping my arms into the giant sleeves. I instantly felt much warmer, I felt as if I would melt, and all the goosebumps I didn't notice I had, faded away. I sighed in relief and smiled at Axel once more. "That is much better." I admitted. The fact that the jacket was at least four sizes too big, made it that much warmer.

I stayed silent for a few minutes after that. I had noticed Axel didn't like to talk while eating, and a couple of times when a sabre had spoken to him, he just growled back or ignored them, just as they done if another sabre spoke to them. I guessed if was just how the sabres got when they ate, a bit moody or defensive, but whatever it was it had rubbed off onto Axel.

Dispite Axel's frustration while eating, he covered that up quite well whenever I spoke to him. But even though I knew all this, I couldn't help but saying,
"Hey Axel?" I started, and Axel turned his head to look at me. "Yeah?" he asked before taking another bite of raw meat. Even though I was hungry when I first sat down, I was completely turned off after seeing the sabres and Axel eat the raw and bloody meat. "I gotta tell you something..."

April Bluebird/BlueWhiskers1.
Dragon Age.
Chapter 19; The Fight Part.2
23/Feb/2020.
6.3K reads.
1596 words.

(Good game to play~ Amino
Good movie~ 2012
Good book~ Bears Of The Ice
Good Author~
Good Wattpad book~ Those I Loved Before You ( Lipika29)
Good author~ Lipika29
Good YT channel~ Jatie Vlogs)