Chapter 9; Dragon Food

Sorry for the long wait! But guess who's got 3 chapters of Dragon Age ready?!

~~~~

My eyes slowly opened, I could feel something slightly sharp on the bridge of my nose. The first thing I saw as my eyes adjusted to the light, was the red eyes of Cranky. I jumped up in surprise and sent Cranky flying off my face into the wall. I was sitting up now and I rubbed my eyes and looked back at Cranky who shook his tail and wings to fluff up his knotted feathers.

"Oops." I said as I quickly slid my legs off my bed, then I stood up and walked to Cranky. "Sorry about that Cranky." I apologized and put my hand out for him to climb aboard, but instead he quickly pecked my finger and I drew it back to my chest. Cranky squawked angrily at me and I sighed in defeat. "I deserved that." I admitted and put my finger out again to see if he forgave me now. I was ready to move my finger this time, but luckily he climbed frustratedly onto my finger and shook his wings around.

I chuckled a bit before petting the top of his head. Cranky crooned happily and tilted his head like animals do when they're enjoying a pet.

A couple minutes went by, before I heard a loud knock on my bedroom door. Me and Cranky jumped a bit, turning our heads to the door.

I walked to my window and opened it up, putting Cranky gently down on the floor, and closing my window again.

"Coming." I said, walking to the door.

I opened it and saw my father standing on the other side. "What are you doing? Are you coming to the hunt or not?!" My father said hurriedly. My eyes widened as I remembered we were supposed to go hunting today. "Yes, sorry, I will there!" I quickly said and ran to my bed and grabbed the bucket from under it and dipped my hands into the cold water. I washed my face and hands hurriedly. I turned around as I grabbed my hair brush and began brushing my hair. My father waited at the door with an amused smile. "What?" I asked as I finished going through my hair.

It only took two seconds to brush. I'm sure every girl wishes they had my hair.

I grabbed my miswak which was actually something the people of my village have begun using lately.

About fifteen years ago a couple came past the village and traded us a few things for food and water. One was the miswak. It is like a toothpick or a toothbrush but is much healthier for the teeth. It made my teeth shiny and white.

I rubbed it along my teeth.

When I was done I grabbed my black seed oil. I used it every few days and it really helped. Black seed I have found to be good for everything. I rubbed it in my hair and on my face. I rubbed my hands together then got up and walked to my father. "Getting all fancy are we?" He said as he looked at my hands that shined with oil. I shrugged. "I need to stay fresh and healthy." I said.

"Just make sure your weapons don't slip out of your hands." He chuckled and I looked down at my shiny hands.

"I think I'll be fine." I chuckled and we walked out of the house together.

I think we had lost track of time until we saw the angry Chief waiting for us outside. "Hurry up you two!" He growled in frustration. I grabbed my bow case, which contained my bow and arrows and I grabbed my spear too, and my daggers were always on my belt.

Me and my father followed the Chief towards the other hunters who waited a few metres away. All impatiently leaning against their spears or the person next to them.