Chapter 22; Snake

Dedicated to my dear follower, 13_Maria_13 who is always so quick to vote on my chapters. Also, hope this chapter--which will probably be the 2nd last chapter--will entertain you guys during lock down or quarantine. :) have a lovely day.

-----

I stared into the dark brown eyes that seemed to stare daggers into my soul. I was frozen in fear. Fear of what was to come next. Would I be killed? Would I be tortured? What would my parents think? The girl they raised for almost twenty years was now a thief and a disgrace to the village.
My heart beat rapidly in my chest, making my whole body shake so much that my vision was a blur from the rapid movement of my head. My hands were shaking andy knees felt as if they were going to buckle under me.
But as the chief took a step closer to me, glaring at me with so much hatred, I snapped out of my daze of fear.
What are you doing?! You're cowering like a little girl! I won't die this way! I know that for a fact! I won't let myself die in such a pathetic way. I'd be remembered for generations as the woman who tried to steal the most precious thing the Feirce villagers.

Just as the Chiefs hand reached out, I ducked under his arm, then knowing I didn't stand much of a chance, trapped against the wall with no way of escape, I took a risky move. I jumped forward, pushing with the power of my feet and legs, I launched myself into the Chief, making him fall backwards with me on top of him, the Monile still held firmly in my hand.
The Chief let out a yelp of surprise at my sudden attack, as I quickly rolled off of him and onto the floor.
The Chief yelled with his deep and powerful voice, "THIEF! THIEF!"
I sprinted out of the room and just as I did I saw Bellu rush out of her room. Her hair was sticking up like a porcupine, and she wore a loose blue robe that looked like it was made out of the finest wool in the village. Bellu looked at me with a mixture of tiredness and alarm. "MOVE!" I yelped as I pushed her to the side, running for the door. I reached the door, my adrenalin higher than ever before. Everything seemed to be going in fast forward but slow motion at the same time. I shoved the door open with shoulder, but what my eyes saw told me I hadn't just escaped this nightmare, in fact it had only just begun.

The entire village surrounded the house. Women, children, men and even animals. The animals were clearly used for travel, as their owners were all people from the other end of the village, near my house. They must have heard the Chiefs cry or the comation of the other villagers and rode here as fast as possible. I looked, wide eyed in terror as the villagers began to encircle me, as well as Bellu and the Chief who had just ran out of their house towards me.
"Her!" the chief yelled, trying to mask the fact that he was out of breath from running after me. My head darted around, making sure nobody got too close. Once someone got their hands on me it was over.
The Chief stopped about five metres away from me, his daughter a couple of paces behind him.

"That snake stole the Monile!" the Chief bellowed and the village gasped in chock and disbelief. "Don't believe me? Look! There's your proof! The Monile, the most prized posetion of the village, in the hands of that monster!"
The villagers all craned their necks, and squeezed passed the people in front of them to get a better view. There was muttering of confusion in the crowd, then a loud uproar, angry yells and insults were being thrown in my direction, as well as a few rocks and fruits that the newly awoken villagers had on them.
"Imprison her!" a generous man said from behind me, who then got an angry yell as a reply from another man, who than said, "Hang her!"
"Cut off her hand!" a woman yelled.
"Whip her!"
"Banish her!"
"Public execution!"

They just kept going and going, the voices beginning to blur and become hard to understand. I found myself hoping this nightmare would end.
"No! Do you think taking her worthless life a good punishment for her stealing the most valuable jewel in the land?!" the Chief roared and the village fell silent, wondering what punishment he had in store for the traitor. I was wondering too. The worst thing I could think of was killing or torturing me, but if my 'worthless' life wasn't good enough, what was? Burning down my house and belongings before they kill me? But my parents live there and they had nothing to do with the crime so they wouldn't do that. Would they?

"Well it is obvious isn't it? I knew this snake was trouble from the start. Challenging the men's ranks, acting as if she even has a say in things! But no, I was too merciful on her. I tried to get rid of her long ago before she spreads her dreadful poison! But no. Her family pleaded for me to give her a chance! They told me she's just a child! That she couldn't cause any real harm! But what would we do, if she escaped with that Monile?" the Chieftains words made the village roar with agreement.
The mention of my parents had me on edge now. I tried to calm my breathing so I could hear the people clearly through the sound of my hearts rapid beating. My hands shook visiously, making it hard to keep a grip on the Monile.

"I think... Three lives may be a merciful punishment for the robbery of the Monile." the Chief said and the village roared again, some with disagreement but most agreed. A few seconds later my parents, Dome and Lila, were pushed into the clearing where me, the Chief and his daughter stood. My mother was wrapped in my father's arms, who was acting as a human shield against all the villagers who shoved and hit them visiously. Once I saw my parents in the clearing, my heart felt as if it had been stabbed. I realized now what the Chiefs plan was. He planned to end my life, along with my parents..

April Bluebird/BlueWhiskers1.
Dragon Age
Chapter 22; Snake
22.Mar.2020
7.22K reads.
1123 words.

(Good game to play~ Johnny Trigger
Good movie~ Battle Angel
Good book~ The Royal Ranger
Good Author~
Good Wattpad book~ The Tale Of The Assassin (JoelNigga)
Good Wattpad author~ JoelNigga
Good YT channel~ Gordan Ramsay)