Chapter 23; Tears Have Fallen

Dedicated to my very best friend, Rachel2038.
💕 :)

----

"Please, let them go! They had nothing to do with this! I done it on my own, they had no idea!" I pleaded, but it was no use. Men surrounded us now, with their weapons ready. Two men came from behind my parents and tore them from each other's grasps. "Leave them alone! I'm warning you if you even touch them!" I yelled at the two men, who shoved my parents onto their knees. "You are in no position to make threats little girl." the Chief said as he unsheathed his sword pointing it towards my father who, like my mother, was being held down by two men.
I took a step towards him, but the closer I walked the closer the sword went to my father's back. "Stay where you are. You can't stop this, you can only make it worse for yourself!" the Chieftain yelled.

My heart pounded so hard on my rib cage that my chest was beginning to ache. Sweat rolled frim my palms, even though my feet were ankle deep in snow. I was trapped. Any move I made would risk the death of my parents. I was helpless.
My father had stayed silent this whole time, but now he finally spoke.
"Go ahead, end me. In the end, we all get what we deserve." he said.
The helpless panic I felt turned into desperate sadness as the Chief grinned and stabbed his sword deep into my father's back.

"NO!" I screamed as I felt my heart being torn apart. My mother sobbed, reaching her hand out to grab my father's, but was stopped as the Chief stepped on her hand, making her cry out in pain.
I ran towards my father, tears falling freely from my eyes. A man grabbed my arm and I turned around and headbutt him as hard as I could. I turned around too fast to see him fall on the floor in pain. My head was ringing with pain, but that was nothing compared to the pain in my heart.
I had almost reached my parents when another man grabbed both my arms, holding them behind me. He kicked the back of my knees, making me fall onto them. I yelled out in anger and sadness, too overwhelmed to speak. I turned my head over my shoulder and bit visiously at his arm. I tasted the metallic flavour of blood as my teeth wripped through his arm flesh.
Anither man came from behind me and knocked me over the head with the hilt of his sword, making me loose my grip of the man's arm. I spat the blood on the snowy ground as the second man grabbed my arms, and the first one, who now had a bloodied arm, grabbed my hair in his fist and pulled my head back. He stepped on the back of my knees, making sure I couldn't stand up. I screamed in anger as I tried to move, but was unable to. The man holding my hair pulled out his sword with his one free hand and held it to my neck.

I normally would have settled now, not wanting to anger the man and have my throat sliced. But I knew he wouldn't kill me. They wanted me to watch. This was my punishment for stealing the most valuable thing in the village. I tried to move, trying to break free of their grasp. The desperate movement of my head made the blade slice my neck repeatedly, scratching small cuts across my neck. The man tried desperately to keep my head away from the blade, not wanting to kill me before the Chiefs command.

I felt the warm blood drip down my neck, but that was nothing compared to the blood that poured from my mothers chest as the Chiefs sword buried deep into her back. My mother gasped, trying to keep her breath inside her, before she collapsed face forward, onto the ground.
"Mother!!!" I screamed as more tears ran like a river down my cheeks. The Chief grinned at my helplessness.
My head hung in despair. I watched my tears and blood drip onto the once white snow. I spotted a stick beside the second man, who was on my right. In was right beside his right foot and I wished I could reach it so I could stab it into his face. But I knew that wouldn't help. It was the entire village against me. I felt the men uncontiously loosen their grip on me as I hung my head.

I began to sob uncomfortably now. It was over. The only people who ever loved me were gone. But thats when a metal light bulb switched on. It was my last hope of surviving. I looked up at the Chief now, who was still grinning at me. I took a deep breath then yelled as loud as I could,
"ZANE!" everyone looked at me expectantly, and in a few seconds the trees around us burst into flames and the village began to scream in fear. As the men loosened their grips even more, distracted by the fire now, I pulled my right arm free of the second mans grasp and reached over, grabbing the stick that lay beside his foot.
Before the men got the chance to grab my arm again, I shoved the stick into the face of the first man, who screamed in agony, letting go of my hair and falling backwards into the snow. The second man now saw that he could no longer contain me, let go of my arm and pulled out his sword. I grabbed the stick from the first man's now limb body, and pulled it out.
The second man swung his sword at my face, but I ducked and swung the stick into his face, instantly causing a red lump appear on his cheek as he screamed in pain. I leaned over and grabbed a dagger from the distracted man's belt and stabbed him in the gut.

I dropped the dagger and stick and ran over to my parents who both lay on their faces. I fell to my knees as I reached them, and rolled them both onto their backs. My father gasped, the air he was desperately trying to breathe was no longer blocked by snow. "Mother, father?" I called hopefully. I was aware of the raging fire and the sound of people fighting behind me, but I ignored it leaning in closer to hear my parents quiet voices. "I'm sorry Lian, I wish I could've supported you more. I knew what your thoughts on equality would lead to, but I didn't want to tell you. I didn't want you to be afraid." My mother said softly.
"No" I said shaking my head, trying to contain my tears, but it was useless.
"I shouldn't have done this. I shouldn't have risked our lives. I'm so sorry. I should've told you." I said.
"There was no way of you knowing this would happen. Don't burden yourself with the greif of our deaths, it was our time. I am just so glad of who you have become." My mother said, smiling as a few tears streamed down her cheeks.
"Just remember, we love you more than you know." my father now said.
"And no matter what, do what you believe is right, not what others pretend is. Don't follow anyones heart except your own." My father said. I nodded, unable to speak.
"I'm glad you're here with us Sprout. This isn't such a bad way of going." he said and I chuckled a bit, smiling at his ability to be positive even in the worst of times.
"And remember my Butterfly, we will always be with you." my mother said, also smiling. I reached out and grabbed my parents hands, putting them in eachothers and holding them in mine.

We sat silently together until my parents eyes slowly drifted shut, taking a special part of my heart with them.

April Bluebird/BlueWhiskers1.
Dragon Age.
Chapter 23; Tears Have Fallen.
29/Mar/2020.
7.52K reads.
1497 words.

(Good game to play~ Fashion Fantasy
Good movie~ The Call Of The Wild
Good book~ Early Years
Good Author~
Good Wattpad book~ The Legend Of Voden (Vodenthehollow)
Good Wattpad author~ Vodenthehollow
Good YT channel~ Duo HK)