Chapter 11; Rescued

Photo above by KittyCatzy

The snow crunched under my feet and the wind blew wildly in my hair.
The sun was out, shining brightly in my eyes. I was squinting from the sunlight as I ran to who knows where. I looked behind me to see if I could spot whoever it was that seems to be following me.
Their footsteps sounded louder than mine but thankfully not loud enough to be a dragons. But as I listened more carefully it sounds like maybe three people.
This made me run even faster. I looked behind me again. No one was there, and the footsteps had stopped. My run slowed to a walk before I stopped. I turned around and into the trees, trying to spot something, anything. And I finally did. Something brown jumped out from the cover of the trees and ran at me, tackling me before I could even move more than an inch.

The muscular, furry saber tooth tiger landed on top of me, making me fall backwards onto the snow.
I yelped in surprise and sudden pain.
The sabers giant front paws rested on my shoulders and its back paws stood firmly beside my legs.
I couldn't help look at its enormous teeth.

It had blue eyes that seemed so small compared to its huge figure.
I was going to try and fight back but I remembered the sabers were friends of Axel. Even though it was still very likely they could eat me.
I waited a moment to see what it would do, and it seemed to wait until I was relaxed before it got off me.
I stood up straight away, but not too hurriedly in case that made the saber tackle me again. I stared at the giant cat in the eyes. It was much larger than any other saber I had ever seen, and it had large mane like fur around its face, making it look bigger.

"Lian!" I heard Axel's voice call.
I turned my head to the left and saw him walking towards me.
"Axel" I smiled. "What are you doing here?" I asked curiously.
"Rescuing you of course." Axel replied and spotted walking beside the large saber.
I snorted before replying.
"You? Rescuing me? I feel as though I need any rescuing. Your as lost as I am." Axel crossed his arms over his chest. "It doesn't seem that way."
I turned my head slightly to the right before speaking.
"And he's with you?" I asked.
I already knew but I thought it was a good way to let him know I wanted to hear about the giant cat.
"Oh yeah, this is Raz, he's my brother." Axel said, introducing the saber. I wondered why Axel became 'alpha' of the sabers if he had brothers who could've been. I mean, it is more appropriate to have a saber as the alpha of a pack of sabers, than have a man as their alpha. But it didn't say this out loud, it may come across offending in a way. "Right..." I replied, unsure of what to say. "Hey." I gave a short wave at the saber. It looked at me with a look of confusion.
There was an awkward silence before I cleared my throat.
"Anyways" I said, turning around on my heel. "We can have as many awkward silences as we want on the way home."
"Good idea." I heard Axel chuckle from behind me. I started walking, still with no idea which way to go.
"Oh, Lian, you're going the wrong way." Axel said. I sighed before I turned on my heel and walked past Axel. "I knew that."

It was a long trip home. It was sunset not long after we began walking, so most of the trip was done at night. I walked in silence, just listening, looking and thinking.
Wishing I could be in a tree right now, talking to Oak all alone.
But nonetheless, I kept walking, making the best of what I had.
I heard Raz making some sort of unaggressive growling sounds.
And to my surprise, someone replied. Axel made a similar sound in response. I found it hard to believe how close they sounded. I could easily mistaken him for a saber.
Though he sounded fairly different to Raz. Raz's voice sounded more calm, quiet and uninterested.
But who knows, maybe in saber language that's how you sound when your excited or happy.

I rubbed the back of my head as I noticed how weird my thoughts could be. I pulled Oak out of my pocket, unable to hold myself back anymore. I loved to look at him. He was the only one who always agreed with everything I say, and always calms me down when I'm stressed.
It may seem strange, since I know he isn't alive, but it really helped.
If you ever are stressed, talk to someone like Oak. Who always agrees and supports your decisions.

I light in the distance caught my eye. My villages camp fire. I sped up a bit and tucked Oak back into my dress pockets. When I reached the village I turned to Axel and Raz.
"Thanks for the help. I couldn't have done it alone." I said, smiling at them. "I thought you knew your way back." Axel chuckled, then made a cat like sound to Raz and Raz seemed to chuckle slightly, it was hard to tell. "I did." I crossed my arms over my chest.
"I'm just trying to make you feel good about yourself." I grinned, then turned on my heel and walked into the village. "Hey!" Axel chuckled.

I reached my house, and tip toed inside. My parents won't on the table, so I guessed they were in bed.
I carefully and quietly opened my door to my bedroom and creped inside. I slowly closed the door behind my and quietly crawled into bed. I covered myself up to my neck with my covers, then opened the curtains and looked outside.
I couldn't see Cranky anywhere, so I guessed he went to sleep in the trees somewhere. That was good for him. It isn't healthy to keep an animal indoors too long, even if it's just while he's sleeping.

12/June/2019
BlueWhiskers1
Dragon Age
Chapter 11; Rescued
1052 words