Chapter 13; The Queens Monile

I know it has been forever, but here you are! A new chapter of Dragon Age! Also, thank u so much for all the views, votes, comments and support.

And I thank all my readers who have patiently waited for a new chapter

And I thank all my readers who have patiently waited for a new chapter. Those who stuck by me through my writers block are my true fans. And those who didn't, I apologise and will try and upload more often. Enjoy.
_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~~_~_~_~_~_~_~_

I sat in a tree, swinging my feet slowly as my legs dangled from the tree branch. Me and Zane spoke for a couple of hours. I think I spoke the most. Zane seemed more interested in hearing my story than telling his own. I explained how I was different to the other girls in my village, and for that reason didn't have many friends at all. I explained how women won't meant to fight, but I convinced my chief to let me hunt, and I told him how I loved using my bow and arrow. I told him about how strange dragons acted around me, and I also told him about Cranky. Zane seemed to enjoy hearing my story, and I enjoyed telling it. I began to talk about Leo. I had seen him not long before I first met Zane, and I was still so mad at him. "I mean, how could he try and change me like that?" I said then huffed. I saw Zane's eyes flicker with anger as I spoke about Leo.

"I dont know, things have been a bit tough for me... And what's even worse, I have so many questions! Like, why are dragons so calm around me? Why are you so calm around me? Dragons normally attack humans... Why am I so different?" I asked in confusion. 

Zane sighed. "Have you ever heard the story of the Chieftains necklace?" He asked, looking at me cautiously now, as if he were about to say something that would offend me. There was even a hint of nervousness in his eyes and voice. "Yes... The story of the necklace that the chieftain made as a sign for his right to rule. But dragons tried to steal it out of greed. This necklace was meant to be passed down to every chieftain." I said, unsure of why this topic was brought up.

"Okay, well, that story is fake." Zane said simply. "What do you mean it's fake? It's the greatest legend known to my village, you can't just tell me it's fake." I huffed. "Well I just did." Zane replied. "Okay listen, you have so many questions right?" Zane asked. "Yeah-" I barely got to finish the word when Zane interrupted. "Well this will answer all your questions about dragons"

I leaned in slightly from eagerness, and stopped swinging my feet. "Okay, I'm listening.." I said, then waited for him to speak. Zane began to speak. "Okay, so the story of the necklace was twisted and changed by men overtime. The original story is much different, let me tell it to you now...

So the story begins as the General dragon was summoned by an old soothsayer dragon. This dragon, she foretold that a queen would be born in many years to come, who would rule the dragons. So the dragon general, Dominus the first, forged a necklace out of the dragons most valuable materials, so when the queen was born she could have the necklace. The necklace has many great values and uses that not many dragons still know about. They called this necklace the Monile. After they made it, a village of greedy men, lead by a power hungry chieftress, stole the Monile. All the dragons wanted was peace, but they needed that necklace, it was too important to the dragons to leave in the hands of greedy men. And so, the attacks of dragons from that day forward, was only to take back the Monile."

I was speechless. A dragon queen and a chieftress. Two female leaders. And this story meant that my village was evil. We stole the dragons necklace, then twisted the story so the dragons were the bad guys.

"So that evil village of greedy men is... my village?" I asked, hoping he'd say no. "Yes.." Zane replied. "And that dragon queen, is she born yet?" I asked. Zane nodded his head. "Lian... I need you for something okay.. You won't meant to see me, but since you did, I think I know a way to end this war once and for all." Zane said to me. "How?" I asked curiously. I really did want this war to end.

Zane walked closer to me, his snake-like tail dragging across the tree branch. He whispered now, as if trying to make sure no one heard. "I need you to steal the Monile."

"What?! You expect me to steal the most valuable thing to my village?! What if I get caught?!" I exclaimed. "Think about it, they stole it from us. There is no way even I can get close enough to the chieftain to steal it. Your the only one who can do it. Don't worry, we'll be right behind you." Zane said reassuringly. "We?" I asked. Suddenly I heard a low unthreatening growl behind me. I froze, my heart beat rapidly. There was something behind me..

I slowly but carefully turned around to see a giant snowy dragon staring back at me. It was the same one that had carried me away the other day. "That's Nevis the snow dragon." Zane told me as I stared at the huge dragon. Its head reached the branch I sat on even though it was standing on the ground. "That's the dragon that carried me hours away from my village." I said with a hint of anger. "Oh yes, Nevis was trying to bring you to our home so we could talk. Your the only human who would be willing to help us." Zane explained. "You could've just asked." I huffed. Zane chuckled a little. "Something tells me that wouldn't have worked." Zane said. 
"Well, are you going to help us?" Zane asked. "Why should I help you? Why should I steal the Monile? I mean, I'm risking my freedom and even my life for this." I said as I turned to Zane now. 

"Because it's your birth right. If you won't take it, who will?"

10/Nov/2019
April Bluebird/BlueWhiskers1
Dragon Age
Chapter 13; The Queens Monile
991 words.