"What kind?" He sat up more interested in the conversation now.

"She wouldn't tell me but if you asked I'm sure she'd tell you in a heartbeat."

"Stop being salty, Tris." He chuckled.

"Not being salty." I said, even though I was.

"Then what you call it? Tart?"

I gave him a stale face again ignoring his comment, "have you even talked to your mom lately?" I said.

He told me about when he let her know about Milo and I but she wasn't having it without proof. I mean, I was fine with giving her proof but she had a nasty attitude about it, according to Rodrick. So I just dropped the issue. I only brought it back up to see if she had a change of heart yet.

"Nah."

"Okay," I simply said leaving it at that. It wasn't a issue I could really press on unless he wanted to talk about it hisself.

"I'm not finna get proof for her just because she don't wanna believe it. We agreed that we didn't need proof and that's straight enough for us, right?" He reiterated to me.

I nodded, "But, I still feel like your mom should be there. Even if she was kind of a ass to me. I just think it's important for Milo to know his grandparents."

He sighed, thinking about it. I wasn't trying to pressure him or change his mind, I just wanted him to talk to her once more, before I send these evites out.

He picked his phone up From the table and started FaceTiming her.

On the fourth ring she picked up.

"Hey ma? You busy right now? I needed talk to you," he said.

"Oh Jesus, let me sit down, this sounds bad," she said and Rodrick shook his head no at her chuckling.

"Nah, this ain't one of them convos, ma."

"Then what kind is it?"

"It's about my son, Milo. Tristen and I wanna know if you coming to his birthday party in a few weeks?"

"Rodrick," she sighed, "I already told you, that is not my grandson unless I see proof. I'm not condoning anything that isn't right and I just don't feel right about... them."

"Ma, listen your yourself, you sound crazy right now. You can't tell me that Milo isn't mine, he look just like me. But aight ma, I just wanted to double check with you. We sending out the evites."

"Well, I don't need one," she said snarkily before hanging up.

"There's your answer." He said. If she's gonna be like that and not take my word, then she don't need to be there. She think you were just some quick nut but you weren't."

"Okay but it was, when we met." I reminded him.

"Yeah but Tristen, it was definitely more than that and you know it. A baby came from it." He said seriously.

I wasn't sure what that meant, like was he being literal and figurative?

"But we don't need proof. That's one thing you gon' learn about me if not anything else. My word is bond, no matter what" he said.

"Okay. I understand," I said not wanting to press the issue, "I'm sorry," I bit my lip. I sort of felt in trouble with him just because the bass in his voice changed.

"Don't do that. Don't apologize for something you had no control over. It's all good." He said, "She'll come around, trust me. It was the same way when she found out Cleo and Mason we're together. She thought I was gonna end up with Cleo." He shrugged.