59

January 3rd.

Kendrell Nichols
"You finished that song?" Roddy asked me as soon as he entered the studio.

"That better be the only reason you told me to meet you at my shit." He dapped me up.

I laughed a little, nodding.

"Yeah that and I got another one, I just need a beat." I said.

I had told Roddy I had a song for him but while trying to finish the other one, a different song came to mind, and since I didn't wanna scrap the first one, I made a whole different vibe.

"Aight, bet." He sad down in the chair beside me.

"What were you doing anyways?"

"In a boring ass meeting with the label, so I'm actually glad you hit my line."

"Word? Wassup with that? I seen you post something about feed the streets 3."

"Just fuckin' with everybody to be honest," he shrugged, "I'm not dropping that shit til around the end of summer. Might even wait until my birthday." He said.

"Damn, Roddy. You be putting your fans through it."

"If they real fans they'll understand."

"Bro." I said and he looked at me.

"When the last time you actually dropped a song of yours? What two years ago?" I laughed, "You really playin'."

"Whatever man," he said because he knew I was right, "You know what kinda beat you feeling for this?" He changed the subject.

"Yeah, something with pianos I think. The second song not at direct, but it's more of a 'yo, we ain't datin' or nothing but call me if you need something' that kind of vibe. It's called call log." I explained and he nodded.

"Bet, so let's work. I think I got something for you." He said.

After a few runs of my songs, we had two full songs ready to be dropped.

"When you tryna put these out?"

"Well I was thinking the piano one, can drop on my bday, then the second one on Valentine's just to see how well they'll do." I said.

My birthday was a week and a half away, and I didn't really wanna promo it. I just wanted to drop it.

Over the past few days, I'd been a little bit more open, especially on social media. Everybody knew almost everything about me except the fact that I had a daughter, and that was cool with me.

I didn't need everyone in that kind of business anyways.

"Coo but that one, Nonsense..," Roddy started.

"What about it?"

"You let Nadia hear it?" He asked and I shook my head no.

"I mean I'm not judging if that song is about her but, it's just descriptive as hell. And because we know how she is, you think you wanna go that route? Not telling her?"

"I really don't think it'll affect anything, bro. Nadia to hear that this shit is about her, good or bad, and think she the hot shit. That's just how she move."

And I'm stuck with that.

Roddy chuckled, "Well they both sound good as fuck. I think you really got a chance KD. I'm being serious too. I actually talked to bird and he said he wanted to drop by sometime, hear what you got but I got him stuck in that meeting," he looked down at his watch, "which I gotta get back to," he stood.