Rainy Day

Third Person P.O.V

The mask tapped the ground. He was currently just waiting for Larry to get up, since he didn't have anything else to do. He looked up to the sky to see it was slightly cloudy and gray. He hoped it wouldn't rain.

The mask flinched back when he suddenly felt something brush against him. He looked over to see Josie. "Josie? You followed us too?" The mask said curiously. Of course, Josie didn't reply. Because she's a cat. The mask couldn't help but giggle as he gently pet Josie, scratching under her chin as she purred loudly. The mask paused before picking up Josie and basically holding her like she was a baby. "Aw... You're so cute. Even without half your body!" The mask exclaimed. Josie wasn't really a fan of being picked up, but she did appreciate the pets the mask gave her.

Larry let out a big yawn, propping himself up with his elbows. "You're finally awake." The mask said. "... How long have you been awake?" Larry asked. "Uh... Never mind that, we should get going." The mask waved his hand dismissively. Larry looked concerned at the mask, but he didn't say anything else. No other words were said as they started to walk now, this time with the mask carrying Josie.

---

The sky was getting darker. Like it was about to rain. And sure enough, it did. There was one drop, then two, then three. The mask looked around for somewhere to stay, perhaps a cave or something like that. Lucky for them, he did spot a cave. The mask grabbed Larry's arm and pulled him into the cave, then they both sat down. Larry sighed. "Damn it. That stupid rain." He mumbled under his breath.

---

The rain had gotten heavier, the wind was blowing, and they were both still stuck inside of the cave, unless they wanted to risk getting drenched. So they sat in silence.

The mask hadn't realized that his host was slowly turning into a puddle until he notice that Josie was off of his lap, then he saw his mess of a body. The mask sighed in frustration. Larry took the mask off of the mess of a host. "Damn. How the hell are we going to get you a new host?" The mask shrug if he had shoulders. "Well, I guess I'll just put you on the floor." Larry said as he gently placed the mask down.

---

"Larry."

"Larrrrrrrryyyyyy!"

"Hey Larry."

"Lar Lar."

Larry let out a sigh. "What is it, mask?"

The mask changed his expression from tragedy to comedy. "Hi!" The mask giggled. Larry just groaned. "Could you please stop? I'm trying to go to sleep."

"Fine..."

Silence, the only sound they heard were the sounds of the rain. And Josie faintly purring.

"Sooooo... Larry, where did you come from?"

Larry raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean?"

"Like, your backstory! You can't just tell me you just appeared out of nowhere!"

"Ah, well... I went into a hole, basically. It was in the middle of a war, so I was a solider. We had went over to the enemy's trench because they all just suddenly... Disappeared. And we found this hole that was covered in this black, gooey kind of thing. I don't remember much, it was so long ago now that I think of it."

Larry paused for a moment. "Well, where do you come from, mask?"

"I came from the gods!"

"... What?"

"Well, that's the short version of it. I was forged by a god to give as a gift to one of Zeus's children. Hera, of course, got jealous and tainted me."

"Oh... Rude."

"I know right! But to be fair, I can't really blame her, Zeus has cheated on her more times then anyone can count. And I know if I had a partner like that I would most certainly not be on good terms with him. But the tsunami was... Uncalled for."

"Well, at least you don't have to worry about her now, right?"

The mask stayed silent for a long moment. "... Not exactly, she isn't dead. But at least I won't be seeing her for a long time. Which is all the comfort I need!"

Larry smiled and sighed. It was still raining. But at least they weren't being ambushed by a bunch of MTF. Larry wasn't sure if the mask could take another MTF ambush before breaking down, especially since the mask just had an entire argument for the only person he loved. But at least they had Josie, cats make everything better.