It's Cold Tonight

Third Person P.O.V

The mask and Larry were now alone together. They had started a pretty good campfire now, as it was starting to get dark. "Hey Larry, is it just me or is it getting darker quicker?" The mask asked. Larry just shrugged. "I don't really pay attention to the time." He replied. "I can tell." The mask commented as he snickered a bit. Then it was silence again. The mask sighed. "Everything okay?" Larry asked.

"Yeah I just... Do you think I might've been too harsh?"

"Well, I don't know your relationship or what happened in the past... But yeah, maybe just a little..."

The mask didn't say anything else, instead he curled up into a ball. Larry opened his mouth to say something, but decided instead to not.

The mask felt cold, he didn't feel the doctor's warm hands or had his ears blessed with the doctor's singing. He hated to admit it, but he missed the doctor already. There was a war going on in his head. Did he stay away from the doctor, for lying to him? Or does he run back to the doctor, and apologize for everything that he said? He couldn't choose, and Lord knows Larry would be no help.

The mask started to worry now, what if the doctor really hated him? The mask didn't mean what he said, he was just angry, he couldn't think straight at the time. What if the doctor never wanted to speak to him again? What if the doctor would leave him all alone again? What if he could never see the doctor again? What if-? The mask was snapped out of his thoughts by Larry waving his hand in front of his face.

"Hey mask, I'm going to bed alright?" Larry said. "Oh, okay." The mask replied. Larry laid down on his side to go to sleep, almost immediately Larry seemed to fall asleep. So now it was just the mask. The mask stayed awake for few more minutes before he decided to go to sleep too. He put out the fire, then laid down on the ground.

---

The mask was barely able to sleep, he wasn't even sure if he got a minute of sleep. But either way he was awake when he saw the sun rise up. He felt tired, maybe even more tired then he was before. The mask just wanted the doctor back... He shouldn't have left the doctor.