Rats, So Many Rats

Third Person P.O.V

The doctor suddenly felt something scutter across his foot, and he screamed, looking down to see a rat running across the floor. He instantly jumped back, still screaming. Josie jumped out of the mask's hands, chasing after the rat, while the mask quickly scrambled after her. The doctor calmed down after realizing it was just a rat, soon after the mask came back with Josie.

"Damn rats..." The doctor mumbled to himself. "Yeah, I don't think we should stay here... Those rats will send Josie running everywhere." The mask said. "But where would we go? This is the only place we've found." Larry replied. Everyone else stayed quiet. "Maybe... We could stay here for like, three days, then leave?" The mask suggested. "There's no way I'm staying here with rats!" The doctor snapped back.

"Come on dear, just three days then we'll leave?"

The doctor paused, he hadn't heard to mask refer to him as 'dear' in forever. It caught him off guard, but he did recollect himself. "Fine. But only three days." The doctor sighed. Everyone else seemed happy, but the doctor dreaded staying.

---

They all started to explore the warehouse, except for the doctor, who stayed at the entrance to make sure that neither Josie or Patches ran off. Shy was wandering through a hallway, while the mask was looking through papers, mostly of deliverys and nothing else. Larry was going down to the basement that the warehouse apperantly had. None of them found anything that useful, but they did find a few rooms that they could sleep in. Which was good.

However, the warehouse was a lot bigger on the inside then it appeared on the outside. So by the time they had all finished exploring, it was already getting dark. The mask returned to where the doctor was. "Is it just me or are these days getting shorter?" The mask whispered to no one in particular. "Anyways, doctor, I found a room we can stay in." The mask turned to face the doctor, who was currently happily petting Patches and Josie.

"Okay, show me." The doctor said, while picking up both Patches and Josie. The mask led the doctor to a room, on the second floor. Inside the room was a single bed. The bed was in pretty good condition, especially considering the rest of the warehouse. The pair laid on the bed together. Neither of them really being bothered sleeping together anymore. Eventually, the doctor fell asleep.

The mask however, had a bit of a difficult time sleeping, he felt nervous and anxious of everything around him. The creaking of the warehouse made him jump, and at one point he thought he heard footsteps, but in reality they were just the creaking warehouse. The mask hugged the doctor tightly, hiding his face, trying to block out the noise. But no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't fall asleep.