Chapter 20 (+ 1,000 reads! :0)

(Before I start this chapter I just want to say thank you so much for 1,000 reads!)

049's P.O.V

I had finally finished cleaning up the room.

The corrosive liquid had gotten everywhere, including all the corners and in-between the bedsheets. But at least the floor wasn't as damaged as I thought it would be. There was only one hole that had managed to burn through the entire floor and onto the first floor. Which meant that I had to clean that floor too.

Cleaning was hard.

Lucky for me, I still had some left over boards from when I was first building the house. So I started to patch up the floor. It took a bit longer then expected, but I did manage to do it quickly. By the time I was finished, it looked around the middle of the day, so maybe I could clean another room.

I decided to clean my operating room, since I would need somewhere to operate. So I decided to clean that room. To my surprise, when I walked into the room, I saw the mask already cleaning the operating table off. "Mask, what are you doing?" I asked, even though I already knew, he was cleaning, obviously. He looked to me, surprised. "Oh, well I was cleaning the operating room doctor!" He said. "Why?" I asked. "Because... I felt... Bad. For having you cleaning the mess I made all on your own..."

I was surprised. More surprised now then before. "Mask... You didn't have to." I said. "I didn't have to, but I did it anyways!" He quickly said before going back to cleaning the operating table. "Well... Let me help." I said. "Alright!" The mask said while cleaning. Now we were both just cleaning the room.

The operation room had definitely seen better days. If anything it looked worse then the rest of the house, dirt and cobwebs everywhere. And don't even get me started on the dust. Safe to say that I was coughing a few times. But, at least the room wasn't collapsing in on itself.

We spent some time speaking while cleaning up the room. Nothing in particular, just whatever came to mind.

During that time, we had managed to finish cleaning half of the room. Again, I wasn't sure how long it took, but by the time we stopped, it was dark. "Perhaps we should take a break... I'm exhausted!" The mask said while sighing. I nodded as we both went down to the living room. The mask instantly just flopped onto the couch with a tired groan. "I don't understand why I've gotten so tiiiiirrrrreeeeedddd..." He said."Well," I began. "Perhaps years upon years of doing nothing but sitting in a glass box makes one start to get used to not moving."

"Sounds about right..." He said. "Hm... I have an idea- I'll be right back mask!" I said before hurrying off to the People basement. I quickly looked through everything that was stacked up in the basement, there were old crates and bags that I had never opened, but there was one thing I was looking for specifically.

Eventually I got to the very back of the basement. Where there were no more people, just a bunch of crates, due to the fact that the only light I had was a candle that I had lit, I couldn't see too well. But, I tried to open a few of the crates anyways. Eventually I did find what I was looking for.

Wine.

Centeries old wine just piled up in a little crate at the back of the basement. That wine would taste amazing.

I took a few bottles of wine, not too many, mainly because I wanted some to drink by myself. I quickly rushed back into the house with a few bottles of wine.

"MASK! I FOUND THE WINE!" I shouted as loud as I could. The mask yelped as he fell off the couch. "Okay! You didn't have to announce it to the entire damn planet!" He yelled back. "Apologies, I just. Really am excited about this wine. I have no idea how long it's been sitting there in the back of the basement, so it probably tastes like, the best thing in the world." I said quickly before setting down all the bottles on the table. "Well, let's drink!" The mask said as he sat up and grabbed a bottle.