Chapter 13

035's P.O.V

I spent the next few days writing the play and reading books. Despite how well I was able to distract myself, I was slightly concerned that the doctor was sleeping for multiple days. I mean, he was an anomalous being, he didn't have to eat or drink, and as far as I knew, he couldn't die. But still.

I was concerned.

Even simply being on this boat told me how much the world had changed. Let alone how that city looked... That city was absolutely filthy! But I still did not know what the year was.

Each book seemed to be either politics, medicine, or some sort of fantasy book. All of them seemed extremely dark, the fantasy one especially. I thought fantasys were for kids?! It was... Weird to think about. Had the world really descended into chaos? Even if the world had, what caught my attention was the machines described in the medical book.

Machines had really come a long way. At first I was thinking more tools, not literal robots! Apperantly, if you pay a ridiculous amount of money, you could have, 'The perfect surgery.' preformed by one of these machines. This world was so weird. It felt nothing like the world before...

A small yawn snapped me out of my thoughts as I looked over to see the doctor, sitting up in the bed. "Good morning! How was your rest, sleeping beauty?" I said in a sarcastic tone. Though now that I thought of it, he was kind of like the sleeping beauty from that fairytale. But, lucky for me, I didn't have to kiss him awake.

Though I guess I wouldn't mind th- Wait what was I thinking?!

He should his head. "Not the best... Not the worst..." He said, though his voice still sounded tired. Most likely because he just woke up. "Well, at least you're well rested!" I said happily. Then, a loud announcement was made.
"You have reached your destination."