Chapter 19

049's P.O.V

"Mask, I'm going to go on a walk, do you want to come with?"

The mask stayed silent, thinking about what I asked. He nodded his head yes. "Alright. Let's go." I said as we both sat up. I started walking in a random direction, not really knowing where I was going, I just wanted to take a small walk.

It was nice to notice all the small things in life. Like the the flowers blooming, the sparkle of the tree's leaves. The little bees buzzing around the flowers. It all added up to the beautiful bigger picture.

"Doc...?" The mask suddenly said after a while of walking. I turned my head to him. "Yes, mask?" I asked. "Can I... Can I hold your hand?" He said. "Wh... What?" I said, in surprise. "Uh... Nevermind! Just... Forget I said anything!" He said as he turned away. I stopped walking and stared at him. He stopped walking too but he did not look back.

'Why would he want to hold my hand?' That was the only question on my mind. I couldn't just brush off that thought. 'Was it because of the dream he had?' I decided that was the most likely answer.

I gently grabbed his hand. He made a sort cute surprised noise as he whipped around to look right at me, his mask was purple... Was he embarrassed? Is that why he was purple? I see no reason for him to be embarrassed, after all we were only taking a simple walk. Was it because I was holding his hand? I mean, he did ask for me to hold his hand. And I was. Then he made this cute little noise. Why was I calling it cute? I started to get lost in thought... The more I thought about it, the more I realized something...

Was I in love with him?

At first I thought not, but perhaps I was.

...

...He looked adorable...

"Let's just continue walking..." The mask finally said after a long while of silence. "Do you still want me to hold your hand or not?" I asked. "Uh... Whatever you want..." He replied. "Okay then." Was all I said before I started walking again. I could still feel his hand as he was walking next to me. And I didn't let go. It was nice. Eventually, the sky turned a light blue as the sun rose higher into the sky. "We should probably head back to the house." I said, looking to the mask. All he did was nod.

After the morning stroll, I decided to go back to cleaning the house. Especially the room the mask slept in. I definitely needed to get rid of the corrosive liquid that was practically everywhere in the room. Despite the mask asking repeatedly to help since he 'made the mess,' I kept declining. After all, it wouldn't be fair. He had a nightmare, and he can't control whether or not he has a nightmare. He couldn't have done anything about it.

So, I was cleaning the room by myself. Making sure to not leave a single spot uncleaned. The mask's corrosive liquid could melt through anything, the only things that it has a slightly harder time getting through was glass. But the only glass thing in the room was the window. So unfortunately I might have to repair this room a bit. Which will not be easy. But I was most likely going to have to do that anyways. So I might as well do it now.