Comfort

Third Person P.O.V

It was dark outside, and the doctor was sitting at a table, with the mask sitting in his lap and a candle lit. Usually he didn't like it if anyone sat in his lap while he worked (or more like writing down a bunch of theories for the cure with hope that they might work) but he made an exception. The mask was comfortable, and he didn't bug the doctor repeatedly, instead he just sat calmly in the doctor's lap.

Well, he was. Until he decided to try and tickle the doctor.

The mask couldn't help but get a big smile on his face. The last time he tickled the doctor, the doctor actually laughed, and it was nothing like a fake laugh it was a genuine laugh. The mask knew where are the doctor's tickle spots were, and he used that to his advantage. He very quietly raised his hand towards the doctor's armpits. Then he tickled.

At first the doctor let out a little chuckled until he started to laugh uncontrollably. "M-Mask!" He shouted while laughing. "S-Stop!" The doctor laughed even louder. "No! I refuse!" The mask replied, still tickling the doctor. The doctor was laughing so hard that he fell out of his chair, literally. They both hit the floor with a large thud. "Ow!" The mask exclaimed. "I'm going to get you back for that!" The doctor replied, with a smile under his mask.

"How? I'm not ticklish!"

"Oh? We'll see about that!"

The doctor started to tickle the mask, who despite saying that he wasn't ticklish, started laughing uncontrollably. They both started having a tickle war with one another, there was nothing but laughs and happiness. They were laughing til they were breathless. They both stopped though, taking a moment. "I love you." The doctor said, holding the mask's hands. The mask still wasn't used to the doctor saying 'I love you,' so he stood still for a moment before responding. "I love you too, dear."

Then, Larry had to come and ruin it. "GUYS-" He shouted. "Oh, am I walking in the middle of something?" The doctor and the mask both turned to face Larry. "What is it?" The doctor asked, anger in his voice. "Uh well, there is kind of... A bunch of MTF outside-" The doctor's eyes went wide as he quickly pushed himself off the ground. "What?! How?!" The doctor ran past Larry and presumably downstairs to check outside.

The mask however, was frozen with fear. His hands shook as he waited for the doctor to come back. "I'd suggest you hide mask." Larry quickly said before also running off to hide. But the mask didn't hear Larry, he didn't even seem present. He was scared. The doctor rushed back into the room, taking the mask by his hand. "We have to hide!" The doctor exclaimed, his eyes farting to the door and back. That simple hand grab was enough to take the mask out of his trance.

The doctor quickly took his journal, stuffing it in his bag without a care and he pretty much dragged the mask to behind a few crates and boxes. They both sat and waited. The heavy footsteps of the MTF could be heard all around the warehouse. It was dark, both of them could barely see past the candle that was lit. The doctor used his free hand to make the mask look at him. "Don't look at them, look at me." The doctor whispered as quiet as he could to the mask.

The sudden louder footsteps told the mask that the MTF were in the room. He tried his best to focus on the doctor, to not think about the giant guns the MTF carried, to not think about what those guns could do and how much they hurt. And the more he tried the more it seemed like his vision was blurring, he could barely see the doctor's outline. His corrosive liquid seemed to be spreading faster then it normally was. His host was about to be eaten away.