Chapter 6

049's P.O.V (Present day)

The Mask was staring at the ground. His face was of tragedy. "... Mask?" I asked. He looked back up to me, his face was still of tragedy. "I'm sorry doctor..." He said with a sadness in his voice. He was speaking about the accident. "... It wasn't your fault." I said, trying to comfort him.

"But it was! I should've stopped you! But I didn't! Because I was scared!"

"Mask, it's in the past now... We have no need to think about it-"

"But we do! I do!"

I couldn't say anything to calm him. The Mask stormed off to another place in the foundation. I slowly turned back to the patient laying on the floor. I crouched down to him and reached into my bag. I could begin working again but, I was hesitant. Turning slowly back to the door where the mask had left.

'Why did I feel so bothered?' I thought to myself. Something was off. 'Maybe I should go and at least try to comfort him...' I slowly stood up from the ground and walked out of the room. I looked around, tying to find where the Mask went.

He had went a little outside of the room, and he was walking away. "... Mask, it wasn't your fault." I said, walking up to him. He stared up at me. "I already told you! It was!"

"How?!"

"I already told you!"

"No! I shouldn't have even suggested using it! If anyone here is to blame it is me!"

We started having an argument. A very loud, and intense argument. Then the mask shushed me. "What? What is it?" I asked in a hushed voice, until I heard MTF footsteps grow closer and closer. We were too loud.