Chapter 15

035's P.O.V

I couldn't be in love! Especially with someone like the doctor!

We were so opposite, too opposite! I'm surprised we were even partners!

But still... Shining blue eyes. A deep metallic voice. Sometimes he was even sarcastic...

All that was enough to take my non-existent breath away.

The doctor gently set me on the couch as he looked around this place. He scoffed. "Filthy." He said. My next guess was that he was going to spend the next few hours cleaning up the house, trying to make it look as nice as possible despite everything.

And my guess was right.

He spent the next few hours cleaning off cobwebs and dusting many of the objects in his house.

But I didn't like it. I didn't like the fact that nobody was paying attention to me, or the fact that the doctor was more concerned with a clean house then a friend.

I craved him.

His voice.

I wanted to stare into his eyes, even just for a minute.

All these thoughts...

I was really stupidly in love with this man.

I craved his touch.

"Mask?" I could hear the doctor say, pulling me out of my thoughts. "U-Uh... Yes doctor?" I said. "Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yes! I'm perfectly fine! Why do you ask?" It was a lie. I was not fine. I wanted him. Needed him, even.

"Your... Your entire mask is purple."

"What?"

I could feel that I was very warm. Was I blushing? How was that even possible?! I had no blood!

"You're purple, mask."

"That's... That's not possible!" I was confused. How could someone like me deal with feelings like these?!

Suddenly the doctor's eyes went wide. "Are you sick?!" He asked a little loud. "What-? No! That's not possible I'm a mask!" I said as quickly as I could.

"Then why are you purple?"

"I... I don't know."

"I will have to check you for a cold!"

"How are you going to do that?! I'm a god damn mask!"

"Uhhh...."

The doctor was lost for words. "Well uh anyways how was the house going? Have you checked the bedrooms?" I asked, desperately trying to change the subject. "Oh! I have not checked the bedrooms yet and I'm almost done with the living room." He said happily. "Well... Do you need help?" I asked.

"How are you going to help? You have no host."

"Remember the people basement?"

The doctor stayed silent. "I would've thought all the people down there would've decayed by now." He said. "Well, we can check." I said. The doctor nodded as he hurried out the house, but he left me on the couch. "Hey wait you forgot...! Me..." I trailed off. 'I guess I have to wait.' I thought to myself.

It was a little while before I saw the doctor come back, while he was dragging a corpse behind him. "Apperantly I forgot I put those embalming fluids on the bodies." He said as he sat the corpse next to me. The doctor gently picked me up, and placed me on the body's head.