Chapter 17 (+ New cover!)

049's P.O.V

I woke up suddenly to hear the mask screaming. As quick as I could I instantly got up and ran to the bedroom. The entire room was covered in his corrosive liquid. The mask's host was almost completely melted off and he had a face of tragedy.

"Mask?! Are you okay?!" I asked as I darted next to him. The mask was sitting up right with his hands covering his face. He didn't say a word. "Mask? What happened?" I asked again. No response again, but he did move his hands from his face. His eyes were lit with purple pupils and his corrosive liquid seemed to have doubled.

I could barely see anything since it was the middle of the night, so I was taken back when the mask gave me a hug, a strong and tight hug. At first I didn't know what to do. I slowly sat down next to him, and he didn't move a bit, but I could hear his whimpering. I gently hugged him back, and rubbed circles into his back, hoping that it would calm him from whatever had happened.

He was crying, a lot. His grip only seemed to get tighter. "Doctor..." He said, his voice was weak and quiet. "Please... Don't leave me..." He was sobbing right into my chest. "I won't." I said. I was trying to think of something to calm the mask down, but he needed a new host first. "Mask, can you please let go of me?" I asked. He nodded as he stopped hugging me. "Follow me." I said as I got up.

The mask nodded and he slowly got up from the bed, the corrosive liquid leaking everywhere. The mask was barely able to stand on his own, the corrosive liquid really took a toll on his body. "Do you need help?" I asked. The mask nodded, I extended out a hand for him to grab onto, then I led him out of the room. And into what he calls 'The People Basement.'

The People Basement was actually just an unused wine cellar that I put bodies in, at first it was only so I could test my cure on them, but when I first found the mask, I decided to give the older bodies to him. But since all these bodies were in some state of decay, I had no use for them, so I gave them to the mask. The People Basement was actually quite big, with tons of bodies littering every inch of it except for the entrance.

"Which body do you want?" I said as I looked over to the mask. "I don't care..." He said. Which was... Surprising to say the least. But I took the mask off the host- what was left of it, and the original host body instantly crumpled to the ground. Which wasn't surprising. I placed the mask on another host.

Instead of instantly getting up, the body just laid there, as if the mask had basically lost his ability to control a person. "Mask? Are you okay?" I asked as I kneeled down to the body. "No..." The mask still sounded weak. "Do you want to talk about it?" I asked. He just shook his head no. "Well what do you want to do?" I asked, hoping that maybe he wanted to do something. But he just shrugged weakly.

I had never seen the mask like this, so sad and weak. It was extremely unlike him. I and also never seen his corrosive liquid that strong, melting away an entire body in only what I assumed was a matter of hours. I mean sure, he could do that, but usually it was only when he wanted to. And that room. The corrosive liquid was literally everywhere.

"Mask, please get up. Do you want to go on a walk maybe?" I said, trying to get him to feel less sad.

(OH BOY-)

(Hey guys, I decided to try and draw my own cover for this fanfic instead of using someone else's art on Tumblr. For those of you who want to know what it looks like...

Here it is! It was one of my first practices in trying to do painting stuff in digital

Here it is! It was one of my first practices in trying to do painting stuff in digital. And I'm proud of it. And yes it was in fact a scene I wrote about in this chapter but whatever-)