Don't be Afraid to Cry

Third person P.O.V

When the doctor awoke, he was holding the mask close to his chest. Shy was still sprawled out on the ground, looking up to the sky. Josie and Patches were both still asleep, or at least, the doctor thought Patches was asleep, the doctor couldn't tell. Shy seemed to notice that the doctor was awake, and it also noticed the mask that the doctor was holding. It got up from the ground moving over to the doctor.

Shy pointed at the mask. "W-What is t-that...?" It asked. The doctor looked up to Shy, staying silent for a moment. "... It was a friend." The doctor said, if you listened closely, you could hear the sadness in his voice. Shy tapped the mask, but it didn't respond. "W-Why are t-they quiet...?" The doctor looked down to the mask, not knowing what to tell Shy, he could come up with a lie, just so Shy doesn't get any more sad. But he couldn't bring himself to lie. "He's gone..." The doctor said, his sadness being even more present.

Shy didn't seem to understand at first, it didn't really click in it's mind, until Shy understood what the doctor meant. "D-Does doctor w-want a h-hug...?" Shy asked, extending out it's arms. The doctor stood still for a moment, looking back up to Shy. He gave in, and hugged Shy. The doctor felt his eyes get wet as a tear fell down. Then another. Then another... He was crying.

Shy just hugged, letting the doctor cry as much as he wanted, as Shy knew what it was like to be sad. It didn't want the doctor to be sad, because being sad was a horrible feeling, no matter where it originally came from. But losing someone, forever, someone you loved and cared about, that is the worst. So Shy let the doctor sob, because it's okay to cry. Sometimes you need to. Sometimes you need a shoulder to cry on.