Shisui

Shisui and I walked down the road hand in hand with him carrying a white bag that had two packaged bowls of steaming ramen.

People that were out on the streets oddly stared at us.

An Uchiha and a Jinchuriki.

I glanced at people who were nearby and noticed how quickly they averted their eyes from me. I scoffed at them which caught Shisui's attention, but he kept his eyes forward ignoring the awful energy.

We walked up the stairs that led to my place and walked past the first door until we got to the second door.

I unlocked the door and held it open waiting for him to step inside, but he stood there waiting.

"What?" I said to him.

"Ladies first."

"That's why I'm waiting for you to go in first," I snickered and watched him pout before he lightly pushed me inside the house as he closed the door behind us.

I flicked the lights on and led him to the kitchen table. I grabbed a stack of napkins from one of the cabinets and placed it in the middle of the table.

"Want anything to drink?" I asked.

"I'm good. All I need is for you to sit here and eat with me," he sincerely said and I did as told.

He placed my bowl of ramen in front of me first before he grabbed his.

"Thank you for the food, Shisui."

Shisui was always willing to go out of his way for me. Occasionally he would bring me home cooked meals or surprise me by buying me food.

"Anything for you. Now, eat up!"

I broke my chopsticks apart and dug in first while he followed right after. We chattered and ate, but there was one question that he asked that turned my mood sour.

"How's everything been for you?" Asked Shisui which made me stop myself from placing some more noodles in my mouth. I lowered them back into the bowl and kept my eyes glued to the contents of what was left inside my bowl as I contemplated telling him.

He observed how my mood and facial expression had changed and from the way I looked, he noticed that there was indeed something wrong.

"I...I don't like being here," I truthfully said as I lifted my eyes up and met his onyx eyes which only held worry.

"Why, what happened? Did someone do something?" He asked as he immediately stood up from his seat almost as if he was ready to beat some sense into that person.

"Ever since I came here, people have just been so...loathsome and fearful of me. I get that I have a beast inside of me, but I haven't done anything for them to shun me! The only thing I've done was show them my Sharingan a few days ago, so why?! Why have they been like this since I came?! All I ever hear are hurtful words! They even think it would've been better if I died with them! I hate it here!" My voice was in distress at having poured out everything I was feeling and my (e/c) eyes were glossy as I stared at Shisui whose eyes were wide.

He walked over to me and lifted me up before placing me on his lap while he held me in his arms as I rested my head against his firm chest. Before I could wipe away my tears, he did it for me.

"I'm sorry, (Y/n). I wish I could have been there for you more to help you out." His voice was laced with sadness and guilt which matched his facial expression since those two emotions were clearly displayed.

I shook my head at him not needing for him to apologize. "No it's okay. You're a busy person."

"I'll make time for you!" He held me tighter and placed his chin on top of my head. "I swear I will! Others may be scared of you and see you as a monster, but you're a normal kid in my eyes, so don't listen to them! You're a strong, pretty, and fun kid who happens to be (Y/n) (L/n)."

I felt touched by his words and as my eyes glanced around at the empty, quiet house something came to mind.

"Shisui."

"Hm?" His eyes peered down at me and that's when I lifted my head off his chest and looked into his eyes.

"Can I stay with you?" I suddenly asked which made him raise a brow.

"You mean...spend the night with me?" He asked for clarification, but I shook my head and I felt my face begin to go slightly red.

"No I mean, can I live with you from now on?"

My question caught him off guard and he sheepishly rubbed the nape of his neck as a small blush dusted his cheeks.

"Well....sure, why not." He was content with the idea of having me around and my eyes lit up at hearing his approval for it and I wrapped my arms around his neck before pulling away and kissing his cheek.

"Thank you Shisui!"

"Now, now, don't get too ahead of yourself. I'll have to discuss this with Lord Third, but I have hope that he'll agree."

A never ending smile was tugging at my lips and I asked him another question. "Then, will you stay here tonight?"

"Of course! Let's just clean up so we can knock out."

We grabbed our half eaten bowls and placed them inside the fridge. We headed off into my room and I got under the blanket and rested my head on the pillow.

The idea of being with Shisui and being far away from the villagers and civilians who despised me left me content. I wouldn't have to see them anymore. The only ones I would see are the Uchiha and they had no ill intent towards me. They knew what I was and didn't bother to do me wrong. I guess the bond our clans had also helped in that aspect.

Shisui sat himself next to my pillow and I saw him occasionally glance out the window. I wondered if there was something he was looking at so I looked over at the window and I thought I saw some black movement. I lifted my head up which alerted Shisui who lightly pushed my head back down on my pillow.

"It was just some leaves and pesky flies," he said with a smile and I glanced between him and the window and believed his words.

How naive was I for believing him.

He kept his hand on my head and began to run his fingers through my hair which honestly felt so nice and relaxing.

"Lay down," I stated which prompted Shisui to lay next to me and I grabbed ahold of one of his arms almost like I was clutching onto a stuffed animal. After a few minutes of continuously stroking my hair, my eyes fluttered shut.

Shisui waited a few minutes to ensure that I was fast asleep before carefully removing his arm from my grasp and slipped out of bed. He looked out the window once more only for him to see about five people in cloaks wearing masks. Judging from the masks, he could tell they were from Root which meant one person was behind this.

He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose in distress before glancing over my at sleeping figure.

"I'm sorry, (Y/n)." He planted a kiss on my forehead before he quietly left my home leaving an empty space next to me in this hollow home.

Who knew that would be the last I'd see of him