Homecoming

Three days have passed since you've been walking and you would occasionally stop by the nearing small villages to look for an inn. You thought your stay at the (L/n) clan would take longer but apparently it didn't.

You were walking down a long stripped dirt road and you were about an hour away from the village. You were tired from this long journey and all you wanted to do was rest and possibly take a nap once you return.

'There better be no interferences or-.' Your thoughts were interrupted once you heard the sound of rustling leaves and bushes nearby. In front of you appeared four bandits who were dressed in a black long sleeved shirt and jeans. They wore a mask to conceal their face except their eyes. They wore no type of headband whatsoever so you weren't sure if they were affiliated with a village.

'Great just my luck...' You sighed at the bandits who stood in front of you. You seriously didn't want to deal with this.

"A fine girl we got here. Maybe she's the one who we're looking for eh? Too bad no one will be able to help her." He smirked at you while holding up a katana in front of you. The other three bandits began to circle around you.

'Should I spare them...or kill them?' Your face was stoic and showed no sign of fear. However, on the inside it irritated you. He was about to grab your chin until you slapped his hand away. He had a surprised look on his face but in a second turned into one of anger.

"Get her!" They all lunged in the air coming closer and closer. 'Almighty push.' The palm of your hands were faces outwards and a powerful force sent them crashing against the trees nearby. You walked up to one of them and gazed down at him, your Rinnegan eyes intimidating him and piercing into his soul like daggers.

"What is it that you guys want?" You spat out at him. His hand trembled as he pointed a finger at you and stuttered out," T-those e-eyes?!" His eyes widened as he stared up at you. The others stood up and were cautiously standing behind you.

"Well spill it." Your voice was demanding and held a tint of anger.

"T-there have been rumors about a beautiful woman traveling by and our Lord Takashi, wanted us to bring you in to be betrothed to him." He held his head down low as he revealed the information to you.

"I'm not interested in marriage at the moment especially with someone I don't even know. Tell your lord I have no interest in him." You threw a smoke bomb on the ground, clouding their vision and allowing you to make a run for it. While running, you turned your head back and saw they weren't after you. A relieved sigh escaped your lips as you continued on home.

*30 minutes later*

You finally saw the village gates up ahead of you and started to slow down your pace into a walking pace. You smiled at the thought of returning after so long. Walking inside the village you didn't notice Izumo and Kotestu's eyes widen like saucers at the sight of seeing you.

The atmosphere was peaceful as civilians tended to their daily life. You kept walking further down into the village and found yourself standing near the academy. The village remained the same the only difference was Lady Tsunade's carved face on the Hokage Stone Faces. The sound of laughter was heard as students from the academy ran out and joined their parents. You remembered your first time in the academy and how your life here began. Time sure does fly.

"(Y/n)?" You turned around once you're name was mentioned and saw a grown up Kiba and Akamaru.

"Long time no see." You held up a peace sign while giving them a grin.

"I wouldn't forget that familiar scent of yours. You sure have matured over the years," he said with a smilrk while rubbing his chin.

"Yeah, I've noticed." At the corner of your eye you saw a lock of someone's hair quickly disappearing back into the nearby tree with the swing set. That person peeked their head out again and revealed a shy Hinata. She slowly stepped out from behind and walked towards you.