The Raikage

Kakashi Sensei had eventually agreed to let Naruto meet the Raikage and we were currently tailing the Hiden Cloud Ninjas to the Five Kage Summit in the Land of Iron. It was lightly snowing in the area and Naruto, Kakashi Sensei, Captain Yamato and I each wore a cloak on to keep us warm, but it wasn't helping much.

We all leapt down to the ground as we saw the Hidden Cloud Ninjas come to a halt and come face to face with three other people. We couldn't hear anything, the only way to distinguish what they were saying was by reading their lips as their cold breath escaped their mouth.

"Come out Hidden Leaf dogs!" Yelled out a blonde haired male and we realized that we had been found. We looked at each other and stepped out of our hiding spot and jumped right behind them.

"We need to talk," stated Naruto.

"Y-you," stuttered out Omoi as he recognized us. "Was it that irresistible to stay away from?" He jokingly said to me, but I paid to attention to him since there was an important matter we needed to discuss. Omoi sweat dropped and received a glare from everyone as he took a step back from the intense atmosphere.

"You and Naruto!" Karui pointed at us but then clenched her hand into a fist. "You tailed us! What's the big idea?"

"Like he said, he just wants to talk," I calmly said while keeping a cool composure. I felt like his bodyguard or something.

"Did the Hokage send you, Kakashi Hatake?" Asked a man who had dark skin and a muscular build. He had blonde hair that was combed back and a mustache along with a goatee. He wore a white haori without a shirt underneath which exposed his chest and abdomen.

"No I came by to personally ask you about a request by Naruto Uzumaki of the Hidden Leaf," said Kakashi Sensei as he took a step back and allowed Naruto to remain in front.

"Just please here him out," urged Captain Yamato.

"You there! Speak!" Loudly said the Raikage to Naruto.

Naruto took in a deep breath before saying, "I want you to cancel the disposal of Sasuke Uchiha!"

Every one of the Hidden Cloud ninjas besides the Raikage were taken by surprise at his request, but also found it bizarre.

"H-hey this really isn't the place..." trailed off Omoi.

"Says the one who made a joke earlier. It's now or never," I said with a shrug.

"The kids got guts," said one of the Raikage's companions who was a blonde haired male.

"I know it sounds ridiculous! But this is the only way I know how to say it. Sasuke is our friend!" Naruto motioned his hand over to me, speaking for the two of us. "Our friend is gonna get killed. I can't just stand by and let it happen!"

In all honesty, I was unsure of whether to still consider Sasuke a friend or not. A part of me still wants to hold on to the memories of team seven and try to get him to come back, especially for Naruto's sake, but...another part of me wants to move on and forget about him. He left on his will without giving it a second thought. He joined the Akatsuki and is doing who knows what.

Naruto dropped to his knees and bowed his head into the crunchy snow in front of the Raikage.

"I'm begging you! I don't want us killing each other out of vengeance anymore!"

The Raikage simply stared at Naruto before walking away, but Naruto kept protesting. "All Sasuke ever thought about was revenge! He became obsessed with it and that changed him. Vengeance makes you go mad. It turns you into someone you don't recognize anymore. I don't want anyone else to become like Sasuke! I don't want the Cloud and Leaf to destroy each other! That's why..." Naruto sniffled as a tear escaped his eye and dripped on the snow.

I stared at Naruto with pitiful eyes. He truly cared about Sasuke and even though I was unsure about Sasuke at the moment, I had to do something.

"He's right...." I spoke up as I called out to the Raikage who stopped in his tracks and peered over his head to take a glance at me.

"And you are?" He questioned.

"(Y/n). (Y/n) (L/n) from the Hidden Leaf Village. I was someone who thought of vengeance too, but I didn't go down the same path as Sasuke. We shared something similar yet walked a completely different path. It goes to show that maybe...," I tried to think of the right words, not knowing if he'll believe me. I gulped and said, "...he can change."

The Raikage sneered and with his back to us, he announced, "Begging and pleading to save a friend who is a only a criminal, you're fools! We will dispose of Sasuke! After that, you can change the cycle."

He began to walk away and the others that were with him followed suit.

"What a fool," muttered Karui as she walked past us and I ignored her comment and walked on over to Naruto and crouched down to his level.

As Kakashi Sensei walked on over to speak with the Raikage once more, I nudged Naruto's shoulder. "Hey...come on, get up." But Naruto wouldn't budge, all I could hear were sniffles.

I tried to pull him up, but he wasn't making the effort to get back on his feet. Until Kakashi Sensei came and helped me pick him up.

From there, we left knowing that we couldn't sway the Raikage to change his mind.

A/n: Don't even know why I wrote this chapter 🤷🏽‍♀️