Top Secret S-Rank Mission

Fukasaku clapped his hands together and Naruto and I ended up back at Ichiraku's where we were sitting right before we disappeared.

"Oh we're back," I muttered and there were two shinobi seated on other side of Naruto and I who were bewildered by our sudden appearance. Teuchi was surprised and asked, "Where did you two go?!"

"Oh, we uh had some things to take care of," I meekly said as I scratched the back of my head.

"Naruto and (Y/n)!" Said the shinobi who were seated to the left of Naruto. "They said you two suddenly disappeared and everyone is in an uproar."

"Really?/Damn." Naruto and I said at the same time and I knew Lady Tsunade is going to be displeased about the ruckus that was created because of our sudden disappearance.

"We never thought we'd run into you here," said the man to my right.

"Oh please, this is the place to go if you ever want find him. He's practically here everyday," I jokingly said and everyone in the shop began to laugh. Naruto lightly elbowed my arm for embarrassing him and I stuck my tongue out at him.

"Oh right! Can we have your autograph?"

"Huh?" We both said.

"My kid is a big fan of yours!"

"Oh me too! My daughter really admires you (Y/n)! She would be delighted to have your autograph and see you!"

Naruto and I remained silent as we looked between the two shinobi and their mood dropped when they noticed us not say a word yet.

"What's wrong? Do you not want to?"

"Oh no! I'm just not use to this sort of thing! I don't even know what to sign," sheepishly said Naruto and I added on.

"Yeah, this is something completely new to us. No one has ever asked us that before..." my mind whirled back to the days when the villagers would treat with contempt and how lonely we were as kids, but I shook those thoughts of out of my head. "But I guess it's up to the hero to decide," I pointed at Naruto with my thumb and placed my elbow on the counter and placed my hand under my chin.

"Hey! Why only me?! You're involved in this too!"

"Yeah, but you defeated Pain, not me. I simply helped."

"Alright you two," stepped in Teuchi. "How about we let these two eat a bowl of ramen before discussing more about this."

Teuchi placed our bowls of ramen in front of us and as we were about to dig in, Sakura came running in.

"Naruto! (Y/n)! Where have you two been?!"

"We were summoned and-" but she cut me off and grabbed my arm and Naruto's ear.

"Never mind. Come with me. Lady Tsunade and everyone else are worried about you two!"

~Timeskip~

After being dragged by Sakura, we were standing in front of Lady Tsunade with Kakashi Sensei, Captain Yamato, Shikamaru, and Sakura bring present in the room as we explained to her where we were.

"But why did he summon you two?" Asked Lady Tsunade.

"Giant Gramps Sage had a prophecy for us," answered Naruto.

"What did the Great Lord Elder say?"

"Well he said we're gonna go on a resort and encounter an octopus," I responded.

"What's that suppose to mean?" Asked Kakashi Sensei.

"Well I guess he's gonna cooperate with us somehow. Giant Gramps Sage didn't know the details either. And..." Naruto paused for a second before continuing. "He said that I'm going to end up fighting Sasuke. But I'm already prepared for that."

Worry crossed Sakura's features but Naruto reassured her and wanted to deal with it on his own like he told us before.

Shikamaru placed his hand on my shoulder and asked, "What about you, (Y/n)? What did he tell you?"

"Well, he said he saw me trapped in dark, cramped place up in the sky. The only odd thing about it is that I was calling Sasuke's name while I was in there..."

Everyone had remained silent after hearing my prophecy and Sakura was the one who spoke up, "But why Sasuke?"

"Something had to have happened if you were calling for him," inferred Shikamaru, but another thought crossed his mind. "But we have to look at it from a different perspective here too. What if you weren't calling for his help? What if he had you held captive? He's done it once and he'll most likely do it again."

"...T-that could be possible," I stuttered out and realized that I should've looked at it differently since it's Sasuke we're talking about. But I was curious as to when this would happen. Would it be soon or some time later?

"From now on, be wary of Sasuke Uchiha."

"Understood."

~Timeskip~

Lady Tsunade had called Naruto and I in once again and announced that we were going on an S-Rank mission.

"You're really assigning us to an important mission like that?" Naruto's eyes lit up since he never had the chance to go on an S-Rank mission.

"Yes. This is a mission only the two of you can undertake. Captain Yamato will accompany you to a certain place in the Hidden Cloud region."

"Could that be where the island is?" I asked and Lady Tsunade nodded her head.

"The prophecy was pretty accurate. It seems that is the place that he foresaw."

"So that's where we're gonna see the octopus then. Man I felt sorta bad. (Y/n) and I get to spend some time at a resort while everyone is so busy doing their own thing."

"Naruto, this is a mission not some sort of luxury vacation," I bluntly said.

"I know," he sighed and directed his attention to the Hokage. "But about going to that place...is it connected to the one about fighting Sasuke?"

"I doubt Sasuke has any reason to be at the Hidden Cloud right now. The only reason he went was for the Eight Tails. His next move would be the Leaf Village. We already know what he intends to do," I concluded.

Sasuke still needs time to recover after everything that had happened, but we're unsure how much time we have left before he makes a move.

"That could be true. However, we're on the verge of war. We don't know what will happen next. Hence, the reason why for this mission. When you two get to the site, you will follow Yamato's orders!"

"But if we're almost at war, why assign us to-" Naruto cut me off as he grabbed ahold of my arm and covered my mouth.

"You can count on us!" Determinedly exclaimed Naruto as he dragged me out to prepare our belongings. But I believe he did that because he didn't want me question her and have her change her mind about this mission.