Dimensions

"I think I preferred the snow than this. Why did I complain about the cold?" I agonized as I fanned my face with my hand.

We had been walking for some time now and there was absolutely nothing. Whatever we tried, didn't work either.

"We can't do anything about it now," he replied. He stopped walking to catch his breath in this burning heat and our throats were feeling parched beyond this point.

"I don't do well in the heat." I placed my head on Sasuke's shoulder to provide me some shade since he was taller than me. I had beads of sweat running down my face and I grew weary from walking under the scorching sun. Sasuke glanced at me from the corner of his eyes and noticed my fatigue. He lifted his hand and placed it over my head as a means for shade and although it didn't help cool me down much, it was a thoughtful gesture.

"Heh, thanks," I weakly smiled as I glanced up at him. He had his head turned away from me and I noticed a faint red tint on his cheek. Although, I didn't know if it was because of the heat or because of me.

My (s/c) skinned arms were beginning to sting from the sun and I rubbed the area that was stinging and burning.

I have no doubt that I'll come out looking burnt after this dimension.

"I don't think I'll be able to go on further," I slumped to the ground on my knees which burned and I immediately got back up.

"That was idiotic of you to do," scoffed Sasuke and I smacked his arm.

"It's the fatigue," my cheeks were flushed as I continued to fan myself and placed my other hand above my head to shield my face from the sun.

I desperately wanted to lay down and rest, but I had to stay standing. My body felt sticky and my clothes were clinging to me.

Sasuke and I stood standing next to other quietly and profusely sweating until he broke the silence between us.

"Itachi..." slowly spoke Sasuke which made my head turn towards him. "He told me about what happened and the reason why he killed your clan and... your mother."

"Oh...." I trailed off and shifted my weight on one leg. "I didn't expect him to."

"I asked him about it. You mentioned it when we battled and I wanted him to confirm it with his own words."

"Tragedy struck us both by the hands of your own brother. After my parents died, the way he acted towards me was just... a massive lie," my voice cracked and I looked away from the Uchiha.

"Despite what he did, he still cared for you. The village put him up to it. They need to pay for what they did to us."

"The Akatsuki are dead and so is that bastard Danzo, so they paid their price. I hope he rots in hell," I growled. "But... what you said just now.... who else needs to pay the price? Does that have something to do with your dream and your statement about being Hokage?"

"...yes."

"Would you tell me if I asked you what it is?"

"No," he flat out said.

"Hmph. I should've figured,"I pursed my lips and turned my head away from him and it had gone silent once again.

"... you're Indra's lover then?" Coughed Sasuke.

"Well, my reincarnate is," I awkwardly said. "Weird isn't it? How you and I, well our reincarnates, were lovers and our clans were united thanks to them. And look at us, stuck here together."

"Hn."

"What?" I oddly eyed him and a smirk appeared on his glistening face.

"I guess the Uchihas and (L/n)s were destined for one another."

I realized what he had meant but decided to ignore it and switched it into a different direction.

"We were but don't forget that you threw all that away when we were kids," I chided.

"But I got it back."

"And then you went rogue."

Sasuke's lips formed a thin line and he slightly glared at me from the corner of his eyes. But his glare softened as his eyes met my (e/c) eyes and he examined my face before it went down to my lips.

His heart gradually started to beat faster and he reached his hand out to me and cupped my chin and turned my head in his direction.

"What are you doing?" I asked with my eyes glancing from his hand to his eyes.

"(Y/n)," he tenderly said and leaned his head forward without being aware of what he was doing. He lost all his senses without knowing that his reincarnate yearned for his lover and wanted to taste what's his.

"Indra..." his name slipped out from my lips and I felt myself being drawn to Sasuke as our souls were pushing each other forward.

I raised my hand and placed it on Sasuke's cheek and slightly parted my lips.

'What am I doing?'

But I couldn't myself as our lips brushed against one another for a fleeting moment before we were brought back to our senses.

"Sasuke! (Y/n)!" Interrupted a female voice and we turned our heads to the right and saw Sakura channeling chakra to Obito whose eyes were bleeding.

I tore myself away from Sasuke and the memories of what happened seconds ago came rushing to my head and my face grew red in embarrassment.

"Let's go," ordered Sasuke and we both ran in the direction of the portal that was weakening.

"I don't know if we'll make it!" I loudly said as the portal was beginning to decrease in size.

Sasuke grabbed my hand and pulled me towards his chest and in an instant, we were out of the desert and with Obito and Sakura in another unknown dimension.

Sakura who seemed drained, stumbled on her feet and Sasuke placed a hand on her mid back to prevent her from falling back.

"Sit down if you're going to fall over," said Sasuke.

She looked over her shoulder and her emerald eyes traveled to the arm that was wrapped around my waist and she recalled the scene she witnessed of the Uchiha and I when the portal opened. She bit the inside of her cheek and straightened herself up.

Sasuke placed his arm back down to his side and removed his other arm from around my waist.

"Thank you for finding us," I said to the two.

"How did you do it? It... closed before you could get in," panted Obito.

"It's one of my abilities. I can shift between spaces but only over a finite distance. We made it here thanks to that vest on the ground."

"We got lucky with that but... he doesn't look too good," I pointed at Obito who was coughing and panting on the ground sweating like crazy.

"Oh no," Sakura kneeled on the ground and checked up on him. "He used up a lot of his chakra to get us here."

His eyes were droopy and his eyes fell shut as he slumped to the ground.

"I'll take care of him," I kneeled right beside him and placed both my hands on his back and performed medical ninjutsu.

Minutes had gone by as I continued to heal him and I was startled when his eyes shot open and he groaned as he shifted himself in the ground. He  attempted to push himself off the ground and I grabbed ahold of his arm to support him.

"Easy there, try not to strain yourself too much. I'm looking after you," I smiled and his eyes widened momentarily at those last few words as the image of his deceased crush flashed before his eyes.

He stared at me and a grim smile appeared on his face."I can't go easy on myself because there's still something I must do, so we're going back you three!"